looking for info about DIR/UTD

Discuss Team Diving here.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: looking for info about DIR/UTD

Post by Nwbrewer »

brihno wrote:I like microbrews just fine! One of my favorites is Rogue Ale. On a bigger scale I am a fan of Pyramid and Widmer. I really used to love that Widmer Black Raspberry. too bad they don't make that one anymore (at least that I can find)

Ohhh, fruit in beer? I think that's a rule 6 violation. You could get your black DIR card revoked for that.... :blackblink:
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Nwbrewer wrote:
brihno wrote:I like microbrews just fine! One of my favorites is Rogue Ale. On a bigger scale I am a fan of Pyramid and Widmer. I really used to love that Widmer Black Raspberry. too bad they don't make that one anymore (at least that I can find)

Ohhh, fruit in beer? I think that's a rule 6 violation. You could get your black DIR card revoked for that.... :blackblink:

+1 For a minute there, I thought he might be my long-lost brother... but alas, he is not. He definitely gets a pink mark on his DIR card for the fruity-beer comment, but I'll still dive with him.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

well at least I didn't say I liked Smirnov Ice. I also like some of the brews from a company in Fort Bragg, CA such as 'Arrogant Bastard.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

brihno wrote:well at least I didn't say I liked Smirnov Ice. I also like some of the brews from a company in Fort Bragg, CA such as 'Arrogant Bastard.
:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:
Last edited by Sounder on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

brihno wrote:well at least I didn't say I liked Smirnov Ice. I also like some of the brews from a company in Fort Bragg, CA such as 'Arrogant Bastard.
Ok, maybe only 1/2 a pink mark on your card... but it's a damn shame you don't like Crown.

Oh yeah, and the FKD team is wonderful to train with - if you can get here for training, I highly recommend them (as do many here). Once you get up here, you'll find yourself with plenty of wonderful rockstar buddies to dive with.
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

ooohhh! Rockstars!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

brihno wrote:ooohhh! Rockstars!

Doug! You know H20Doc has been trying to keep his secret musical identity off the board! Now everyone is gonna know he's the NWDC Hanna Montana. :partydance:
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Nwbrewer wrote:
brihno wrote:ooohhh! Rockstars!

Doug! You know H20Doc has been trying to keep his secret musical identity off the board! Now everyone is gonna know he's the NWDC Hanna Montana. :partydance:
:banghead:
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

looking for info about DIR/UTD

Post by Sockmonkey »

H2odoc as Hanna Montana. NWDC keeps reminding me that I can't gouge my imagination's eyes out.

Airsix has a graphic that sums up team diving nicely using a fancy Benn diagram.

What can we ply him with to post it here and Scubabored's DIR forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Find me a downloadable copy of "Hitler isn't AOW" and I'll think about it. : )
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

airsix wrote:Find me a downloadable copy of "Hitler isn't AOW" and I'll think about it. : )
I happen to know Ben :luv: has an affinity for Sound Aquatics-filled 130s with 32% in them and tap-poured root beer from the Snoqualmie Brewery. I also know he has an affinity for PMs and Casa Sounder... even if he has to (very randomly) break out an electrician's kit from his M5 (which is already loaded with scuba gear) and strip, solder, and fix a broken baby monitor late at night, without warning, due to a certain almost-two-year-old's abuse (I believe the phrase was "I can totally fix that... hold on a second, let me get my stuff").

Oh, we can easily twist Mr. Ben's arm... ("pssssst Ben... I have three 130s with a cold 3700psi of 25/25, a hot shower, a warm bed, a cold root beer in a frozen pint glass, and a filet on the grill for ya.")
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

Nwbrewer wrote: Ohhh, fruit in beer? I think that's a rule 6 violation. You could get your black DIR card revoked for that.... :blackblink:
that means i would get reported to panos for brewing a cherry stout?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

lamont wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote: Ohhh, fruit in beer? I think that's a rule 6 violation. You could get your black DIR card revoked for that.... :blackblink:
Look under "my membership benefits" you see that only at the platinum level is fruit allowed in beer. Lemons are the bastard stepchild of fruit like 30/30 is to trimix so those are allowed in shallow Hefeweizens only.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

lamont wrote:

No, black cherry stout gets a pass, obviously, since you'll be using black cherries. Please pass the :koolaid: .

Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Grateful Diver wrote:Image

Don't put this thread back on the rails! I think after some of the recent drama this thread has been good, old school NWDC humor. The OP got excellent advice, even offers to take him diving, and then it went off the rails in a humorous fashion. NWDC at it's finest.

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Nwbrewer wrote:Don't put this thread back on the rails! I think after some of the recent drama this thread has been good, old school NWDC humor. The OP got excellent advice, even offers to take him diving, and then it went off the rails in a humorous fashion. NWDC at it's finest.
you're only saying that because it involves beer, our other favorite topic.

and btw, i just brewed some belgian wit that has a little dried orange peel in it. very tasty.
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

gotta love the belgian whit, one of my favorite beers is Mothership whit
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Grateful Diver wrote:Image

Don't put this thread back on the rails! I think after some of the recent drama this thread has been good, old school NWDC humor. The OP got excellent advice, even offers to take him diving, and then it went off the rails in a humorous fashion. NWDC at it's finest.
What drama?

Why does every thread have to devolve into a conversation between the same four or five individuals about beer, tacos, and Sounder's bodily functions?

That little diversion was fun the first hundred or so times ... now it's just repetitious ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Grateful Diver wrote:

What drama?

Why does every thread have to devolve into a conversation between the same four or five individuals about beer, tacos, and Sounder's bodily functions?

That little diversion was fun the first hundred or so times ... now it's just repetitious ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
uhhhh...http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12945

If we enjoy discussing beer, tacos, and to a much lesser extent Doug's bodily functions, so what? Again, the OP got his questions answered with good information, he got offers to take him diving from some knowledgeable buddies, and then some of us decided to have some fun, along with the OP. I'm sure if the OP had another serious question, in this thread or a new one, he's get more of the same good information he go tin the first half dozen posts. I guess I don't see the harm.

Jake

Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Please have fun... I'll take this kind of fun to the kind of "fun" we've been having of late in other threads, be it beer, tacos, or Sounder jokes. :smt038 And all this in a DIR thread no less!

...and the fact that Ben's in the middle of it is just a reamping his "good karma" after starting the other disaster of a thread referenced above. :smt051
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Talk about beer, tacos, and Sounder's bodily functions all you want ... but you should start your own threads to do it.

Hijacking every damn thread with the same tired old jokes gets old. It's not funny. It has no substance. It's a complete waste of time.

And it's rude to do it in somebody else's thread.

Maybe we should start a beer, taco and Sounder forum where the five or six of you who do this to everybody else's threads can go play to your heart's content ... at least that way everybody else would be able to have a conversation once in a while.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Grateful Diver wrote:And it's rude to do it in somebody else's thread.
the OP doesn't seem to mind, and is, in fact, contributing to the hijacking of his own thread.
brihno
Avid Diver

Post by brihno »

haha- spatman you're right on this one. I am helping to hijack my own thread. I just figure its a way to get to know everyone without driving 9 hours to meet in person...
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

brihno wrote:haha- spatman you're right on this one. I am helping to hijack my own thread. I just figure its a way to get to know everyone without driving 9 hours to meet in person...
welcome to NWDC, buddy!