Strange creature?

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Re: Strange creature?

Post by Waynne Fowler »

It burrows into a den, if a predator threatens it :burntchef: it breaks into 3 distinct parts, one attracts the predator by wiggling and sacrificing itself to save the other parts. :80sdance: The remaining parts crawl off... :eek: supposedly to regrow I'm guessing.....

Yip sure sounds like an alien to me... :rocket:

I'm waitin' to see if anyone notices anything weird about Jeff :zots:
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Waynne Fowler wrote: I'm waitin' to see if anyone notices anything weird about Jeff :zots:
Um, he was weird before so . . . compared to what? :neener:
Kelly
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

oldsalt wrote:Dusty: Great job finding the ID of this worm. I find the statement "These pop up all the time" curious. I have never seen one and we have some pretty good observers of nature on this forum that were stumped as well. I think Jeff had a real find. I am impressed.
- Curt :rawlings:
answer from Leslie

I can't remember my password, so in answer to "old salt"/Curt's statement "....These pop up all the time" curious. I have never seen one and we have some pretty good observers of nature on this forum that were stumped as well. I think Jeff had a real find. I am impressed."....

Perhaps it's more accurate to say that pictures of Chaetopterus hinds ends pop up all the time in my mailbox, sent by people who want to know what they are. In other words, I see them a lot and I don't even dive!

Cheers, Leslie
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

OH I turn my back on a post and when I come back I am the creepy creature of the deep. :rofl:

Your just jealous cause my drysuit stretches and yours doesnt :neener:

Besides isnt there some kind of rule that to be able to join this site you have to be half " :nutty: "

and yes it is almost 3am :eek:
Jeff Castor
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
lavachickie
Dive-aholic

Post by lavachickie »

Dusty2 wrote:... Go to
http://www.tmbl.gu.se/staff/FredrikPleijelP.html and scroll down to
the bottom - you'll see a nice image showing all 3 regions...
I am so, so, SO creeped out right now. The photos on that page were Just. Too. Much. At least all in one place. Yeow. Fascinating and skin crawling at the same time. I'm sitting at my desk and had just eaten a hard boiled egg. This is not good, folks, not at all.

Glad the mystery is solved; that's fascinating.
Hey Oregon Divers: check out Oregon Scuba Club! http://oregonscuba.com
Looking forward to Roatan June 2016.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Mr. Andy Lamb is going to do an article in NW Dive News on this,(Using Pogiguys picture) keep an eye out for it. :taco:

Keith
Leslie
Avid Diver

Post by Leslie »

lavachickie wrote: I am so, so, SO creeped out right now. The photos on that page were Just. Too. Much. At least all in one place. Yeow. Fascinating and skin crawling at the same time. I'm sitting at my desk and had just eaten a hard boiled egg. This is not good, folks, not at all.
What! Are you actually dissing the most wonderful beautiful fabulous creatures :luv: in the whole wide world? Oh, the horror! :queenliz:

:)
Greg Jensen
Amphibian

Post by Greg Jensen »

Leslie wrote:
lavachickie wrote: I am so, so, SO creeped out right now. The photos on that page were Just. Too. Much. At least all in one place. Yeow. Fascinating and skin crawling at the same time. I'm sitting at my desk and had just eaten a hard boiled egg. This is not good, folks, not at all.
What! Are you actually dissing the most wonderful beautiful fabulous creatures :luv: in the whole wide world? Oh, the horror! :queenliz:
????? I didn't hear anything bad about crustaceans :dontknow:

:)
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

There's just no telling about people's taste around here, Greg! :nutty:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Leslie
Avid Diver

Post by Leslie »

Greg, Greg, Greg.... When are you going to get over your little exoskeleton fixation? It's time to bristle up and face facts.... If I had meant the second most wonderful group of animals in the whole wide world :burntchef: I would have said so!

:joshsmith:
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

:rofl:
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Phylogenists! :rawlings:
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Hey! Andy Lamb posted about this in his Creature Feature in North West Dive News!
Jeff's picture is officially "Published" Whoo hooo! Almost Famous! :supz:
Check it out! :smt064