Am I really going to freeze in a wetsuit?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Am I really going to freeze in a wetsuit?

Post by Nwbrewer »

drgoogle wrote: Also, is there a general problem with wetsuits and diving doubles, or is it just you personally?
Steel doubles are going to make you REALLY negative, often with almost no ditchable weight. Losing your bc inflation on a single tank, you can ditch weigh to stay at the surface. With doubles, if you lose your wing, you need some form of redundant buoyancy to maintain flotation. That's generally your drysuit, though some people do use redundant wings or other forms of redundant buoyancy.

Generally speaking if you've gotten to the point in your diving where you're diving doubles in the Sound, you want a drysuit anyway.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
drgoogle
Just Settling In

Post by drgoogle »

Understood.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

We've had great luck with semi-dry suits.... especially this time of year.... 90% of the time customers say they had little or no water in the suit at all... Walt at ScubaSet and my self rent them out.... they'd sure be worth a try I believe. While I'm not sure what Walt rents them for... we charge the same price as for a wetsuit.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
bucknaked
Submariner

Post by bucknaked »

I dove a wet suit from oct till about last month did nave a problem doing multiple dives 3 or four in a day. I did bring a propane crab heater and heat water to pour into my suit.nevsr had a problem with being cold till my dives started lasting an hour.if you pee your wet suit it will keep your warmer longer Not saying i did this i think i read it on the internet some where :angelblue:
crazylegsdiver
Getting To Know Folks

Post by crazylegsdiver »

I used a wet suit fo ra number of years then went dry. It was not so much an issue of cold because I never did get cold, but it was a matter that when I got out I was dry. From street clothes, to dry suit, to street clothes. SOooooo much more comfortable than trying to change out of a wetsuit on a blustery winter day.

I just listed a bunch of stuff including a dry suit I'm selling in the "equip for sale" section
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

sorry my wetsuit is only a LARGE :penelope:
Jeff Castor