HOG regulators

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Geek
Pelagic

Re: HOG regulators

Post by Geek »

Damn!!! DAMN DAMN!!!

*sniff*

I wasn't online when all this happened?

I too have hog regs and beat the shit out of them and they are wonderful, breath fine as deep as I want to go, I know chris and have sat, had drinks with him and talked with him, if something like this was going on with his product he would have been the first to know and the first to pull all his regs off the market, I stand by his product 100%

As for Agent47, I'm sure there are well documented threads around here someplace on how much I trust what comes out of his mouth errr keyboard :angelblue:

but him blaming it on the MOD's, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
that right there was funny and made me LOL :tomnic:

Ok, I'm going back under my rock John, don't worry :)
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Calvin, you have to stop saying you've never heard of HOG gear. Next you're going to say "What's side-mount?" or some other nonsense that will lead people to suspect you have a life outside of diving. It's scandalous.

Regarding comments that have been made about plating... Where to begin... People, plating is like cooking. You may be the best chef in the world and once in a while you're going have a bad batch. Plating is extremely sensitive and highly variable. It is rarely done in-house. If a regulator had parts with a bad plate I would immediately suspect it to be an isolated incident where there was a mistake made on that part or that batch by the plating company. All you have to do is have any one of a dozen variables just slightly off. Writing off a manufacturer because of a supposed plating issue on one example or a handful of examples from a batch is throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Assuming there ever was a plating issue at all. It would seem the credibility of that claim is somewhat shaky.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

airsix wrote:Calvin, you have to stop saying you've never heard of HOG gear. Next you're going to say "What's side-mount?" or some other nonsense that will lead people to suspect you have a life outside of diving. It's scandalous.
I know what "side-mount" is dude, it's where the snuba hoses attach on both sides to form a loop so that you can stay down longer to step on all the marine life. :boxer:
spatman
I've Got Gills

HOG regulators

Post by spatman »

Grateful Diver wrote:Spatty, I like the new avatar ... but a paper bag would've been more appropriate ... :smt064
That was later that night, and there is no way I'm posting those pics!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Geek wrote:Damn!!! DAMN DAMN!!!

*sniff*

I wasn't online when all this happened?
Wow. +1 That's what I get for having a life outside of being a moderator.
Geek wrote:but him blaming it on the MOD's, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
that right there was funny and made me LOL :tomnic:
Debating on adding his as my new sig line...
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Funny, but Agent47 isn't around to say anything, Has he been banned for his Lies? Mind are curious here on NWDC. please fill us in MODS. you can't just leave a crazy thread like this dead for an entire day and not fill in the Board.

Benjamin
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Maverick wrote:Funny, but Agent47 isn't around to say anything, Has he been banned for his Lies? Mind are curious here on NWDC. please fill us in MODS.
I think he is on double secret probation now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0cF2piwjYQ[/youtube]
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I'm guessing there's all kinds of "slander" suit legal discovery stuff going on.. Agent47 is probably keeping his mouth shut to cover his own ass at this point..

When a manufacturer sues a dive operation and dealer for slander, its not a pretty thing I'm sure.

Interesting enough, Agent47 is regularly still signing into NWDC (last time was 4 hours ago), probably to "check out the scene" and see if there is any news on what else he should be worried about.

Like the saying goes: "Loose lips sink ships.." But when you are aboard that ship, its slightly more problematic :nutty:

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
wallyc72
Dive-aholic

Post by wallyc72 »

I have got to say a few things about this. Chis the owner of Hog is a personal friend of mine, so I have to comment about this post. Chris has been in the diving industry for many years. He understands how the industry works. Most people don't know much about the gear other than how to use it, or what they have been told about it. Hog regs are made at the same factory that many "big name" company's use. They are made to the SAME specs as the other company's use. So to say Hog regs are dangerous or cheaply made is just plan ignorant. I am a instructor for the Hog reg class, so I think I know a thing or two about these regs. To say you have serviced more than 30 Hog regs is BS. To say they have corrosion problems is BS. To say the chrome falls off is BS. Pretty much everyone who use's Hog regs knows this is a BS post. Hog regs are a VERY good reg for the price. Are there better regs out there? Yes. But not for the price! I would like to know the real reason you decided to bash Chris and his products.
raptor
Dive-aholic

HOG regulators

Post by raptor »

So I started this thread to learn more about a reg I want. I know it has gone way off track. In all truth I still just want to know about the gear.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Well raptor I think if you were to read the thread, other than the slander, all but ONE person seems happy with the regulators and gear.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Wow - my "mark all read" trigger finger has been itchy lately. I'm glad I took a moment to stop and smell the... well, anyway. #-o

Chris is a very stand-up guy who offers excellent customer service before, during, and after the sale. The HOG regulators are of excellent quality, and because of this they are now the only brand of regulator I own.
kdupreez wrote:I'm relieved that you those late night PM's from Sounder was "really" from Sounder and not just a Mod trying to play with my feelings :joshsmith:
I wish I knew how to quit you.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

mr 47 has been banned ...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Post by gutholmj »

raptor wrote:So I started this thread to learn more about a reg I want. I know it has gone way off track. In all truth I still just want to know about the gear.
Joe, if you have a singles setup to swap, you are welcome to dive my HOG regs anytime. The only thing I've ever not liked about them is the mouthpiece which was uncomfortable and tore after about 100 dives. I replaced it with a stock SP.
"Well as much as this pains me I am gonna have to pull out" - pogiguy05
cerich
Just Settling In

Post by cerich »

mouthpieces are a subjective thing, some folks love them. Either way if you want a new mouthpiece send me a pm with your address.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

cerich wrote:mouthpieces are a subjective thing, some folks love them. Either way if you want a new mouthpiece send me a pm with your address.
I love them and actually have people who don't like them set them aside for me. It's definitely a personal-opinion thing.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

cerich wrote:mouthpieces are a subjective thing, some folks love them. Either way if you want a new mouthpiece send me a pm with your address.

This is what I have had from HOG...nothing but outstanding service. Chris has sent me a few things free of charge, and will answer any questions you have personally!

Yeah I changed out my mouth pieces too.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Norris wrote:Well raptor I think if you were to read the thread, other than the slander, all but ONE person seems happy with the regulators and gear.
Actually there are a few posts/folks other than Ag47 who have an obvious bias, but won't disclose what the actual issue or even the actual HOG item they had an issue with. Treat those opinions with caution, there are purported experts everywhere.
Chris this was my "biggest" complaint too, your mouthpeices felt rather fat for my dainty mouth lol. Its really too small an "issue" to bother mentioning though. I have a bunch of an aftermarket type that I keep in stock at home so I just swapped it. No big deal.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

CaptnJack wrote:
Actually there are a few posts/folks other than Ag47 who have an obvious bias, but won't disclose what the actual issue or even the actual HOG item they had an issue with. Treat those opinions with caution, there are purported experts everywhere.

...... sounds like an expert opinion :angelblue:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Geek wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:

...... sounds like an expert opinion :angelblue:
At least I have some HOG gear!
2 regs
3(?) SPGs
1 suit
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by lundysd »

Ditto with Richard -- I dive the crap out of Hog gear, and so far I love it. I traded in a fleet of Atomics for my Hogs, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. In fact, I actually prefer my Hogs to the Atomics :)

7 Hog 1st stages
10 or so 2nd stages
8 SPGs (the black face ones are awesome)
Doubles wing
etc.

For those of you worried about their longevity as a company... don't. From what I've heard, Hog is growing faster than almost any other scuba company, and for good reason.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Ironic.... I'm betting this thread is going to sell a bunch of Hog gear...
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: HOG regulators

Post by Joshua Smith »

Tom Nic wrote:Ironic.... I'm betting this thread is going to sell a bunch of Hog gear...
Seems fair to me.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Tom Nic wrote:Ironic.... I'm betting this thread is going to sell a bunch of Hog gear...
Do we need a backfire smilie? Inverse of a :taco: ? :rofl:
Mongo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Mongo »

I'll get on the band wagon too.

I have three 1st stages, four 2nd stages (love the OEM mouth piece - it is the most comfortable one I have used so far), two SPG's, two masks, a doubles wing and a quick shot inflator. Neither I, nor my curious six year old twins are easy on equipment and it has performed flawlessly time after time. I must also note the tech masks are low volume and extremely comfortable for my face.

When I scrounge up enough dough, I will be purchasing two more 1st stages, two more 2nd stages, two more SPG's and a Predator drysuit.