Nanaimo dive trip 5-7 Mar

General topics about technical diving.
Kirby
Aquaphile

Nanaimo dive trip 5-7 Mar

Post by Kirby »

Hi all,

am typing this while looking out a picture window on the water at Nanaimo. We just finished day 2 of a 3 day trip, but couldn't wait to say, it is fandamntastic up here. We are staying in the lower level bunkroom at Ken's place of diver's choice charters which outclasses the HOJO by several miles. So far have done Snake Island wall to 266 ft, the Cape Breton, the Saskatchewan, the Rivtow, and Gabriola wall to 223. I was amazed by the last site, having never heard of it before. I drops straight down for 200 plus feet, then has lots of structure below that. Nice to do deco on a wall with lots of stuff to see,rope hangs in 44 degree water are just not that much fun. We are going back there tomorrow, lots t see.

Interestingly enough, I brought my hopelessly smashed liquivision X1 along and for some strange reason, it seems to work perfectly. Evidently the traumatic crack in the screen is a surface crack in the crystal that doesn't extend to the guts of the unit. If it didn't break at 266 ft, I suppose it is good to go.

Can't say enough good things about Ken and his son Aaron, they run a first class operation. We ran into John Rawlings and Grateful Bob Bailey at the Muddy waters pub, good food and good times.

Kirby
Hi, My name is Kirby, and I am addicted to Nitrogen Narcosis.
Gill Envy
Dive-aholic

Re: Nanaimo dive trip 5-7 Mar

Post by Gill Envy »

Kirby, so when are you going to post a picture of that cracked screen... sounds like you got it back and it still works?! Hey, you may be able to sure up that crack by stopping into a shop that replaces windshield dings, I'm only half kidding, they have some amazing types of epoxy that will wick into a crack, fill it in and sometimes make it unnoticeable ... that would be a hoot if it worked. But at least post some photos, there are a few of us here that have followed your story and would like to have a look.

The diving sounds amazing!

g
Gill Envy

...because we weren't born with gills!