Club dive! Club dive! Club dive! March 28th Cove 2

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Club dive! Club dive! Club dive! March 28th Cove 2

Post by Penopolypants »

Hello All!

I’m starting a new thread for roll call and food purposes.

What: Club Dive!
Where: Ye Olde Cove 2
When:
1st dive - meet at 9:00, splash at 10:00
Food – 11:00-1:00, or until we feel like letting the seagulls and geese have their way
2nd dive – after food!

Details:
A map of the location and a map of the site can be found here: http://pnwscuba.com/directions.htm#alkicove2
I’ll have some maps of the site printed out for those who have never been diving here. It can be quite crowded! In spite of the crowds and classes, you can have a pleasant, student-free dive if you plan accordingly. Most of the classes are gone by early afternoon anyway.

This is a potluck-type gathering, please bring a dish to share. Especially chips! And hotdogs! :)

Er…..seriously, please post what you’re planning to bring so that we can avoid the plethora of chips and/or hotdogs. Personally I keep hoping for the day that we’ll have a plethora of lumpia. Until then, start thinkin’, and start cookin’!

I will be bringing the barbecue in a Subaru - one small gas grill camping grill, several tables, a popup shade canopy, coffee, tea, water, kettle, camp stove, paper plates, silverware including several serving spoons, cutting board and knives, paper towels, trash bags, and a cooler of ice for storage. Another small grill and more popup canopies would be awesome.

It is most helpful for someone to volunteer to bring a costco-type pack of hotdogs, hamburgers, buns, etc.

If you have a piece of gear you’ve always wanted to try, let me know and we’ll try to find a way to accommodate you. If you have gear you’re willing to share, please speak up as well. If you need a buddy we’ll find you one.

Things you should bring for yourself:
Your gear
A dish to share
Water for yourself – someone always brings bottled water, and I’ll have some too, but you can never have enough
A chair for lounging

So….who’s coming? Post here if you’ll be there, be square, and what you’ll bring.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Re: Club dive! Club dive! Club dive! March 28th Cove 2

Post by Rooinater »

I'm planning on making it, I'll exhaust my buddy finding options before I get one assigned though.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I'm in! I'll be arriving later morning to early afternoon, due to late night frivolity Saturday night. (I'll be posting a thread about that in Everything Else soon.) I will NOT be hung over because I don't like throwing up in my regulator.

I can bring a spare long hose setup if someone wants it (I have to reconfigure it first, so let me know.) I also have a plethora of HP steel tanks, 100s, 120s, and one 119. They're mostly DIN, but the 120s and 119 have convertible valves. If someone wants to breathe down the 119, that would be great-it's due for VIP. All are filled with 32%. I have some XXL (as opposed to 3XL) Turtle fins with spring straps, a pair of medium or small Jets with spring straps, and a drysuit undergarment for someone +/- 6ft, 210lbs. I also have a stage-rigged AL40 full of 32% if someone wants to try it out.

I may bring dogs and/or a non-diving partner, depending on her schedule.

As far as food goes, why don't you leave me a voicemail after everyone's there and I'll grab whatever's missing on the way?
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I'll be there, with beer or some other hangover cure.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

i'm out. probably not even thinking about you all while i'm in hawaii.

:laugh:
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

spatman wrote:i'm out. probably not even thinking about you all while i'm in hawaii.

Oh...you just asked for early-morning wakeup text messages, you stronzo...!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

scottsax wrote:
spatman wrote:i'm out. probably not even thinking about you all while i'm in hawaii.

by the time you crawl out of bed, eric and i will be 1/2 way through our 2hr morning dive.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I'll be there ... I'll bring a package of Costco polish sausages and buns ... I'll also bring another grill ... and if the weather looks less than promising, I'll bring a canopy.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

I'll be there, looking forward to meeting folks,,, Chips and homemade Guac OK? I can bring a canopy as well and a folding table...
Do they have picnic tables? Haven't been there so I am asking... I'm in dire need of a buddy as well and waiting on air until Geek arrives :pacing: Picking up a Knighthawk (haven't tried it yet) :uh: Don't know what to weight at w/al80's... Ah well, rent xtra and we'll just find out. Sounds like a grand time! If chips aren't cool, salad perhaps...

Alex

:burntchef:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Matt and I will be there in my BRAND NEW CAR! I'm so excited. Fare-thee-well Bubbles ... but now there's Divine!

Back on task - I'll see if I can get Matt to make chicken wings. If not, then we'll bring cookies.

I'm looking VERY forward to the event, for sure, and meeting up with new and old!
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Jenbowes wrote:Matt and I will be there in my BRAND NEW CAR! I'm so excited. Fare-thee-well Bubbles ... but now there's Divine!

Back on task - I'll see if I can get Matt to make chicken wings. If not, then we'll bring cookies.

I'm looking VERY forward to the event, for sure, and meeting up with new and old!
What did you get?
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

cardiver wrote:
Jenbowes wrote:Matt and I will be there in my BRAND NEW CAR! I'm so excited. Fare-thee-well Bubbles ... but now there's Divine!

What did you get?
Thanks for asking! :clap:

It's a Mini Clubman in racing green with a black top. I LOVE her. Needless to say, it's MUCH faster than the Geo Metro I had before. =D>

cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Jenbowes wrote:
cardiver wrote:

What did you get?
Thanks for asking! :clap:

It's a Mini Clubman in racing green with a black top. I LOVE her. Needless to say, it's MUCH faster than the Geo Metro I had before. =D>
Very nice! =D>
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Alexitt wrote:I'll be there, looking forward to meeting folks,,, Chips and homemade Guac OK? I can bring a canopy as well and a folding table...
Do they have picnic tables? Haven't been there so I am asking... I'm in dire need of a buddy as well and waiting on air until Geek arrives :pacing: Picking up a Knighthawk (haven't tried it yet) :uh: Don't know what to weight at w/al80's... Ah well, rent xtra and we'll just find out. Sounds like a grand time! If chips aren't cool, salad perhaps...

Alex

I'll be there around 9am, I'll bring Hot dogs and buns I think... or something... maybe 23 bags of chips? Taco's? Hmmmm oh yea and a couple tanks of air :angelblue:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

spatman wrote:
scottsax wrote:

by the time you crawl out of bed, eric and i will be 1/2 way through our 2hr morning dive.
Scott and I will still conspire to harass you in some way . . .

DBrown and I will be there, probably in the morning so we can *try* to get a decent parking space if nothing else! Have no idea what we'll bring . . . how about a non-lettuce salad? I'm thinking pasta/bean/corn or some such as a side dish. And does anyone else remember to bring condiments like ketchup, mustard, relish? I'd be happy to bring those as well. Plain dogs are no bueno.
Kelly
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

spatman wrote:by the time you crawl out of bed, eric and i will be 1/2 way through our 2hr morning dive.
In 78 degree water.

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
spatz84
Aquaphile

Post by spatz84 »

I'm there, I can bring some sort of noodle dish, Chicken Yaki Soba, and I can bring a pack of hotdogs if it is still needed.

Can't wait!

S. :supz: :supz: :supz:
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

Paul and I will be there. I have a really great recipe for a jumbo batch of jambalaya, but I'm trying to figure out how to keep it warm onsite (it works best in a Nesco roaster). If I can't figure something out, we will bring dessert.

Or hotdogs.

Oh yeah, it looks like Sunday's club dive will be my 100th dive!
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

YAY Liz! 100th dive?! It will be a party in your honor! Shazam!
Sockmonkey wrote:
spatman wrote:by the time you crawl out of bed, eric and i will be 1/2 way through our 2hr morning dive.
In 78 degree water.

-Eric
I can kill you with my mind

Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

lizard0924 wrote: Oh yeah, it looks like Sunday's club dive will be my 100th dive!
Excellent! You get to try out the brand spankin' new 100th dive tiara!
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

someone has got to remember to bring the tiera! who had it last?!

;)

Penopolypants wrote:
lizard0924 wrote: Oh yeah, it looks like Sunday's club dive will be my 100th dive!
Excellent! You get to try out the brand spankin' new 100th dive tiara!
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

ljjames wrote:someone has got to remember to bring the tiera! who had it last?!
I have it, I'll bring it. The last one got lost in the move when I bought my house, so we'll have a new one to break in.
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Geek wrote:
Alexitt wrote:I'll be there, looking forward to meeting folks,,, Chips and homemade Guac OK? I can bring a canopy as well and a folding table...

Alex

I'll be there around 9am, I'll bring Hot dogs and buns I think... or something... maybe 23 bags of chips? Taco's? Hmmmm oh yea and a couple tanks of air :angelblue:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :thankyouyellow:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Beefcake
Aquaphile

Post by Beefcake »

I'm thinking of coming up, but I'm still a pretty lame diver. Any other newer divers with bad buoyancy and horrible air consumption want to help me muck up the visibility in the shallows for everyone else? Anyone from Portland / Vantucky want to carpool it (I have a big diesel SUV, feel pretty lame burning that much fuel on a solo mission).
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Beefcake wrote:I'm thinking of coming up, but I'm still a pretty lame diver. Any other newer divers with bad buoyancy and horrible air consumption want to help me muck up the visibility in the shallows for everyone else? Anyone from Portland / Vantucky want to carpool it (I have a big diesel SUV, feel pretty lame burning that much fuel on a solo mission).
Fret ye not, oh n00b! There will be many to embrace your diving ways and lead you to the way of the frog kick! You are not only welcome to join in, you are encouraged!