Dive Classes at 3TN

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Dive Classes at 3TN

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I was out this weekend on Sunday diving with Diver_C at 3TN. We were surprised to see a class going on there with the result being parking clear up on the hedge. Pretty small place to be holding classes. We thought it was a poor choice and couldn't recall ever seeing a class there before. I don't recall the proprietor, but it wasn't one I was familiar with in any case. Any one else seen this?
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Re: Dive Classes at 3TN

Post by WylerBear »

It does seem like a poor choice with no facilities and limited parking but it would be a nice site for OW classes as far as in water stuff goes.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Classes aren't so bad, as they're usually size-limited. Although I prefer doing classes at sites where there's toilet facilities.

What I don't get is when dive clubs hold events there. It's not really an appropriate site for groups of 25-30 or more ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
girldiver
Compulsive Diver

Post by girldiver »

I've held classes there...but I only teach 4 divers max at a time. (And they usually come as buddy couples). The toilet facilities are the tough part.

I'll be using the site as the water turns to algae, though...as it's Little Hawaii...and I need the visibility.

When I used to teach for TLSea, we would occasionally use Three Tree...but we'd have the divers meet at the grocery store on 1st ave and carpool down. That wasn't bad...and those were the mega-classes of 10- 16 students.
Cindy
http://www.scubashoppe.com -
Retail, Training, Travel and a Full Service Center: 130 Main Street, Auburn.