Neah Bay Part 2 (June 18-23)

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Neah Bay Part 2 (June 18-23)

Post by pensacoladiver »

Time to head back out there. Hopefully these dates work well for folks as they are the best dates for me. I am planning on heading out Friday after work and staying until the following Thursday morning.

My Wife and Daughter will be diving, but will more than likely only do 1 diver per day, so that will open up some space on the boat.

I know the weekend works best for most, but if you can make it during the week, it will probably work better (unless we get some more boats going). I'm sure I wont have to twist Cory's arm too hard on this one.

I will try like hell to keep this one organized, but I really enjoy taking people diving... so don't be surprised if it turns into a logistical cluster f**k as folks start rogering up to go.

Lets get some boats out there!
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Re: Neah Bay Part 2 (June 18-23)

Post by WASP7000 »

You know I'm in. Maybe I'll take a few days off work and stay during the week too.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I'll be there this time :eek:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

It is quite likely that I can manage to be up there for some of the weekday diving. I'm all ears if anybody else wants to figure out a carpool, it would be a long drive to do alone.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

i plan on taking leave, so i might be able to be able to go.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

pensacoladiver wrote:Time to head back out there. Hopefully these dates work well for folks as they are the best dates for me. I am planning on heading out Friday after work and staying until the following Thursday morning.

My Wife and Daughter will be diving, but will more than likely only do 1 diver per day, so that will open up some space on the boat.

I know the weekend works best for most, but if you can make it during the week, it will probably work better (unless we get some more boats going). I'm sure I wont have to twist Cory's arm too hard on this one.

I will try like hell to keep this one organized, but I really enjoy taking people diving... so don't be surprised if it turns into a logistical cluster f**k as folks start rogering up to go.

Lets get some boats out there!

OUCH!! OUUWWWWWW.... Dammit Chad... leggo my arm.... :eek:

Ok Ok.. Ill go..... :rofl: I wont be able to stay that long, but Im definatly in for the weekend and perhaps monday...

FWIW.... Im gonna get my 5 bucks back from you this time Chad! :boxer:
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

Jaksonbrown wrote:

Good to hear you are in for the trip.

You seem quite confident in your above post. With that confidence, I am sure you would not mind upping the ante a bit... say $20.00, $50.00, $100.00???
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Im gonna really miss you Chad! You and I are too much a like....

Done! Let the games begin!
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

Jaksonbrown wrote:Im gonna really miss you Chad! You and I are too much a like....

SWEET!

I will have a guest room in Ft Lauderdale. No need to miss me too much, come on down and visit. Bring the long gun and we can have a biggest fish contest with some Gag Grouper, or better yet, Wahoo or Yellow Fin Tuna!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

pensacoladiver wrote:
Jaksonbrown wrote:

You seem quite confident in your above post. With that confidence, I am sure you would not mind upping the ante a bit... say $20.00, $50.00, $100.00???

I'm in, mine will be bigger
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

pensacoladiver wrote:
Jaksonbrown wrote:Im gonna really miss you Chad! You and I are too much a like....

SWEET!

I will have a guest room in Ft Lauderdale. No need to miss me too much, come on down and visit. Bring the long gun and we can have a biggest fish contest with some Gag Grouper, or better yet, Wahoo or Yellow Fin Tuna!
Dude! Plan on it!

I hope you got a bigger gun in the works so ole mr ling wont spit that lil pencil of a spear back at you again like last time!
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

Maverick wrote:
pensacoladiver wrote:
Jaksonbrown wrote:

I'm in, mine will be bigger
Mav,

We are talking about fish not ego. :rofl: :smt064
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

Jaksonbrown wrote:
pensacoladiver wrote:

SWEET!

Dude! Plan on it!

I hope you got a bigger gun in the works so ole mr ling wont spit that lil pencil of a spear back at you again like last time!
I have a new spear on the way for me gun. I also have a back up gun in hand. That will not happen again.
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Post by WASP7000 »

What gun did you go with? I've gotta order another one after sending mine back.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

WASP7000 wrote:What gun did you go with? I've gotta order another one after sending mine back.
Boys... I highly recommend the Ocean Rhino spearguns.... I absolutly love mine. Tough as nails, lots of good features that I use all the time...(double kill spikes, extra spear holders, reel adaptors) and quiet as hell. Holds up to 3 bands.... double saftey triggers....a hell of a gun....I have had to dig my spear out of the side of a wreck twice this week as I have pinned my fish to the hull so hard it could not be pulled out!
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Well I'm in for the fun. I'll have to see how long I can make it for. And yes Chad, I know I still owe you five bucks. I recently took the Zodiac for a spin with full dive gear and while it's quite zippy with just two people in it, it won't plane when loaded down so it wouldn't be any good for anything but maybe third beach reef and the Jetty so I likely won't be bringing it this time.

What I absolutely want to do this time is Monkey Tatoosh island :supz: Who's in for that?
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:Well I'm in for the fun. I'll have to see how long I can make it for. And yes Chad, I know I still owe you five bucks. I recently took the Zodiac for a spin with full dive gear and while it's quite zippy with just two people in it, it won't plane when loaded down so it wouldn't be any good for anything but maybe third beach reef and the Jetty so I likely won't be bringing it this time.

What I absolutely want to do this time is Monkey Tatoosh island :supz: Who's in for that?
Ohhhhraaaa!
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

WASP7000 wrote:What gun did you go with? I've gotta order another one after sending mine back.
I am using a Cressi Sub 75cm Commanche. I has a smaller diameter spear than the JBL Northwest specials, so it tends to get through the fish easier. The trade off is that it is not quite as sturdy as the thicker spear.

I will use it as a reef gun in Florida, but it won't be worth a damn as a blue water gun.
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Post by WASP7000 »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:Well I'm in for the fun. I'll have to see how long I can make it for. And yes Chad, I know I still owe you five bucks. I recently took the Zodiac for a spin with full dive gear and while it's quite zippy with just two people in it, it won't plane when loaded down so it wouldn't be any good for anything but maybe third beach reef and the Jetty so I likely won't be bringing it this time.

3rd beach reef seemed like a pretty good spot. It's always a good contingency plan. Who knows how many people are gonna be there this time.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

WASP7000 wrote:

3rd beach reef seemed like a pretty good spot. It's always a good contingency plan. Who knows how many people are gonna be there this time.
Im gonna limit my boat to 6 divers this trip out. Jaksonbrown will be along as well as my wife and son CJ so space will be limited. We really need to get some more boats out there!
WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Post by WASP7000 »

Jaksonbrown wrote:Im gonna limit my boat to 6 divers this trip out. Jaksonbrown will be along as well as my wife and son CJ so space will be limited. We really need to get some more boats out there!
SHOTGUN! :taco: j/k
Last edited by WASP7000 on Wed May 26, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

WASP7000 wrote:
Jaksonbrown wrote:Im gonna limit my boat to 6 divers this trip out. Jaksonbrown will be along as well as my wife and son CJ so space will be limited. We really need to get some more boats out there!
SHOTGUN! :taco: j/k
Na thats illegal.... ya gotta use a spear gun! :smt064
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

I'm in for Saturday and Sunday!
April
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

I'll have to find some way to work this as Greg's parents will be flying in on that following Monday (the 21st), but I already have off that week since they're here... Maybe I can do the entire trip ;)

I'll be taking you up on the guest room in Florida Chad, if not just for the wahoo - that's one awesome tasting fish!
Lophiiformes rock.

"Anal fins are a gateway drug." - Tom Nic
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

rjarnold wrote:I'll have to find some way to work this as Greg's parents will be flying in on that following Monday (the 21st), but I already have off that week since they're here... Maybe I can do the entire trip ;)

I'll be taking you up on the guest room in Florida Chad, if not just for the wahoo - that's one awesome tasting fish!
About the only thing better is Yellow Fin Tuna... IMO

Just found out I will be working out of the district in Ft Lauderdale, instead of potentially getting shipped to another area in Florida, which means we can actually start looking for a house!