Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! September 18th!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! September 18th!

Post by CaptnJack »

The_Geoduck wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:The last time we did a club dive at Redondo I brought my boat and took some folks over to the Maury Island barges. Is anyone coming who hasn't ever been to the barges and wants to give those a try for a dive? Be back in time for lunch and a 2nd shore dive. Lemme know if there's interest in that, otherwise I'll just shore dive too.
Wow! Your the Man. If you've got room... I'd love to go too. --Never dove the barges before
Coolio I'll bring the boat over to Redondo tomorrow. Look for the maroon Toyota tundra towing a 16ft red rigid hulled inflatable. Should be back in time for lunch and 2nd Redondo dive no problemo. If its wicked foggy we'll need to reassess and possibly just do shore dives with everyone else at Redondo.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

boydski wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Dashrynn wrote: EDIT: it says on pyd the site is closed. http://www.planyourdive.com/map/sites/1 ... %20Barges/
The barges have always been open for diving, at least when they were not doing actual construction (weekends), and construction is currently stopped. We cruised by the Maury Island Barges dive site last weekend and all three barges appear to be in place as well as the small wreck there (at least on the Side Scan). A lot of center pilings (Dolphins) have been removed and new concrete dolphins installed, but it really hasn't effected the old dive site.

We'll try to stop by in the boat and say hello, then we'll most likely head over to the KVI Wreck for a dive in the current.
Sounds like I'll have to "refind" them as I always just sorta referenced off the piling. I am glad to see that crappy old hunk is gone though. I have some images to show you for an opinion about a possible wreck, I'll try to bring them so stop by :)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I'm an Excel nerd very frequently at work, so I made some mods to Lynne's excel. Hope that's OK!
NWDC 09182010.xls
(365 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Last edited by scottsax on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Much improved, Scott, thank you! I'm not sure I've ever used Excel before, and it shows :)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Here's a picture version of it.
If you'd like to see a picture...
If you'd like to see a picture...
Last edited by scottsax on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

scottsax wrote:I'm a nerd, frequently at work
fixed that for you.
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

CaptnJack wrote: Sounds like I'll have to "refind" them as I always just sorta referenced off the piling. I am glad to see that crappy old hunk is gone though. I have some images to show you for an opinion about a possible wreck, I'll try to bring them so stop by :)
The Dolphins by the Barges are still there, so you'll be able to head right to them, its the ones that were supporting the conveyor belt from shore that have been removed and replaced.

I was very glad to see the Cactus leave as well. It was an interesting dive below the derelict vessel, but risky due to the very erratic behavior of the occupant.

I'm looking forward to seeing your wreck data. I'll be sure to find you. We'll probably come up from Pt. Defiance via boat.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

spatman wrote:
scottsax wrote:I'm a nerd, frequently at work
fixed that for you.
LOL, thanks!

Mongo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Mongo »

CaptnJack wrote:The last time we did a club dive at Redondo I brought my boat and took some folks over to the Maury Island barges. Is anyone coming who hasn't ever been to the barges and wants to give those a try for a dive? Be back in time for lunch and a 2nd shore dive. Lemme know if there's interest in that, otherwise I'll just shore dive too.

I may be too late.... but I would like to go as well. Do you need a bribe... err compensation?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Mongo wrote:
I may be too late.... but I would like to go as well. Do you need a bribe... err compensation?
Whoops sorry missed the previous page. Sorry Mongo, Geouck and Blaiz. Maybe you can convince another boat person to come.

Liz and Psunquist had first dibs. then Trevore and lastly me.
Last edited by CaptnJack on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tubesnout23
Submariner

Post by Tubesnout23 »

I will be there with Sambolino44. I will bring a fabulous Whidbey Island loaf of bread (ask Grateful Diver...) and something vegetarian to grill! :joshsmith:

I would like to try a Whites Fusion Drysuit! Is there a small female diver who would be willing to let me try her Fusion? :)
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

scottsax wrote:Here's a picture version of it.
NWDC 09182010.JPG
What a great idea to actually have a spreadsheet to figure out who's coming and who's bringing what....

:clap:
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

We're still missing burgers/burger buns, condiments (mayo, ketchup, mustard) and toppings (lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese).

I'm starting to get worried that we won't have any chips! Chips are great! We love chips!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Tubesnout23
Submariner

Post by Tubesnout23 »

Penopolypants wrote:We're still missing burgers/burger buns, condiments (mayo, ketchup, mustard) and toppings (lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese).

I'm starting to get worried that we won't have any chips! Chips are great! We love chips!
I will bring mayo, lettuce and some tomatoes.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Ah yes, I've figured out what I'll be bringing, besides a bunch 'o cylinders (PM me if you want to try one out, please! I'm trying to room in my car!)

I'm bringing my long-lost dive buddy Sheri!

Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

scottsax wrote:Ah yes, I've figured out what I'll be bringing, besides a bunch 'o cylinders (PM me if you want to try one out, please! I'm trying to room in my car!)

I'm bringing my long-lost dive buddy Sheri!
Sweet - Sheri is delicious!!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

so should I bring burgers rather then dogs?
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
bfann
Avid Diver

Post by bfann »

I'm a late addition to the club dive tomorrow and I'll be bringing my newly OW certified buddy Mike along with me. We'll show up with some cinnamon rolls or doughnuts for the early morning crowd (plus a bag of chips of course). I'm not real familiar with Redondo and Mike has only been on a few dives after his certification, so probably best if we can buddy up with someone more experienced for the dives. See you all tomorrow!

-Brian
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

spudgunman wrote:so should I bring burgers rather then dogs?
Yes please!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

roger going to buy burgers and buns now.. I will also bring a thing of ketchup and mustard
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Depending on what time I can get out of the house, I'll bring coffee and cups in the morning for those, like me, that function better with 8-24 oz of that black gold in their veins.

pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Well due to powers beyond my control I will not be able to make this one either. I think the scuba Gods are angry with me :angry:
Jeff Castor
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Penopolypants wrote: I'm starting to get worried that we won't have any chips! Chips are great! We love chips!
After some urging from Shell, I was planning to bring those pita chips and hummus I brought to that "other" dive last month. So there's some chips for ya . . .
Kelly
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

scottsax wrote:Here's a picture version of it.
NWDC 09182010.JPG
Real names?!? We don't need no stinkin' real names . . .
Kelly
Mongo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Mongo »

CaptnJack wrote:
Mongo wrote:
Whoops sorry missed the previous page. Sorry Mongo, Geouck and Blaiz. Maybe you can convince another boat person to come.

Liz and Psunquist had first dibs. then Trevore and lastly me.

No worries! See ya there!