Photos from Solomon Islands

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
UnderwaterEncounters
Frequent Bubbler

Photos from Solomon Islands

Post by UnderwaterEncounters »

In August I did a ten day trip aboard the Bilikiki in the Solomon Islands. I was very lucky to have only six guests aboard the boat for my trip. It made for a very spacious and luxerious trip. The Bilikiki offered five dives per day most days, but often four was enough for me. Highlights of the trip for me included near shore caverns and cracks, crocodiles, and amazing visibility. The opportunities for wide angle photos were much better than opportunities for macro, but my understanding is that critters become more common later in the year, peaking in November. Here are a few of my favorite photos from the trip.

The rest of the gallery can be found at http://www.uwencounters.com/Underwater/ ... 6705_LnKcp

C&C welcome.
dlh
Submariner

Re: Photos from Solomon Islands

Post by dlh »

Wow, these are really creative and beautiful!
Dave
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

that croc is amazing!
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Fantastic photos. Really, really enjoy them!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

LOVE the cavern shot! Thank you for sharing these.

I've read several reports of trips on that boat, and all of them have been extremely positive. Sounds like a really good trip.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
SeattleYates
Aquaphile

Post by SeattleYates »

Sounds like a fabulous trip! The croc and cavern shots are gorgeous! Very nice work! Congrats!
Bruce Yates
Photography: http://www.UnderwaterReflections.com
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it." WC Fields