Kudos to Tacoma Scuba

General banter about diving and why we love it.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Kudos to Tacoma Scuba

Post by LCF »

I just wanted to post a public "thank you" for excellent service from Tacoma Scuba yesterday.

I had a visitor from Chicago, and I brought him DIN tanks when he had a yoke regulator. I didn't have a converter with me, and since we were at Day Island Wall, we ran to Tacoma Scuba. They didn't have a doughnut to sell . . . but they lent us two; unfortunately, one tank wouldn't take an adapter, so we rented a tank. Then we got killed by current and scrubbed the DIW dive, so we only did one. We returned the unused tank that afternoon, and they didn't charge him for it.

Lovely customer service, and entirely in keeping with the reputation that shop has. Thank you, Tacoma Scuba!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Kudos to Tacoma Scuba

Post by Joshua Smith »

Tacoma Scuba rocks. I just wish they were in Seattle.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

Joshua Smith wrote:Tacoma Scuba rocks. I just wish they were in Seattle.
If they were in Seattle would they be "Tacoma Scuba"? :stir:
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: Kudos to Tacoma Scuba

Post by Joshua Smith »

selkie wrote:
I suppose not. But I would give them my business even if they decided to call it "Ohio Scuba."

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
johnclark
Aquaphile

Post by johnclark »

That's good ole' Wally and Josh!
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Joshua Smith wrote:
selkie wrote:
I suppose not. But I would give them my business even if they decided to call it "Ohio Scuba."
+1!!!!!!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

We are blessed to have Tacoma Scuba, ScubaSet, and now GirlDiver down here. Three excellent shops owned and staffed by exceptional people.
Tim McClung

22nd Annual Scott Firefighter Stair Climb, support it: http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/Big ... fr_id=1280
Kees
Avid Diver

Post by Kees »

This is what I tell them every time I'm down there. Great guys.
"I can stop any time I want to."
-Airsix on scooter addiction
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Just picked up my drysuit with new wrist seals from Wally. Every time I go in there he educates me about something. By the way the seals look freaking awesome! Ya TS rocks.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I don't know who the gentleman with whom we dealt was. He was young, and was either bald or had a shaved head. He was extremely pleasant.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

LCF wrote:I don't know who the gentleman with whom we dealt was. He was young, and was either bald or had a shaved head. He was extremely pleasant.
LOL! That would be Joshua.
Kelly
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Post by kitsapdiver »

Joshua Smith wrote:
selkie wrote:
Being an Ohio State graduate I would have to say that calling it "Ohio Scuba" would be one more reason on a long list that I strongly endorse the shop.

As a Kitsap County Resident I would have to say that if Tacoma Scuba were in Seattle I would be real depressed.
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: Re: Kudos to Tacoma Scuba

Post by Joshua Smith »

kitsapdiver wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:
selkie wrote:
Being an Ohio State graduate I would have to say that calling it "Ohio Scuba" would be one more reason on a long list that I strongly endorse the shop.

As a Kitsap County Resident I would have to say that if Tacoma Scuba were in Seattle I would be real depressed.
Ok . Well, if they chose to call it "Al Quaida Wahabi Somalia Cannibal Scuba" I'd still shop there. And I'd still wish it was closer to my house.

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

It is definitely fun to walk into a shop that has four different brands of paddle fins on the wall, and is full of things I would actually BUY if I were buying dive gear! (I would have come home with a pair of the Hollis fins with the yellow tips, if they would just make the darned things in my size!)
wallyc72
Dive-aholic

Post by wallyc72 »

selkie wrote:

If we or MAYBE when we open a shop in Seattle, It WOULD be named Tacoma SCUBA. You know like Tacoma Screw.

It would most likely be something like Tacoma SCUBA South.
wallyc72
Dive-aholic

Post by wallyc72 »

LCF wrote:I don't know who the gentleman with whom we dealt was. He was young, and was either bald or had a shaved head. He was extremely pleasant.
THANK YOU! For the Kudos! That was Joshua that was helping you. I am the guy with glasses that gave you the allen wrench when you came back from the dive.