Bonaire 2012 with NWDC peeps

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
ktb
I've Got Gills

Bonaire 2012 with NWDC peeps

Post by ktb »

Once again, Bonaire did not disappoint! I just spent my third week on the island with my hubby, DBrown, as well as 4 other NWDC peeps (Oregondiver, Funkydiver, JenBowes, Matt S) and 2 others. We reconnected with friends from previous trips, made new friends, dove favorite sites and new ones, and generally had a hell of a good time.

A couple of observations . . .

I cannot say enough good things about our house rental, http://www.bonairesunsetvilla.com. If you're planning to go with a group of folks, you can't go wrong staying there. Lamber was a great host, the house is spacious, the garden is beautiful, the location is ideal . . . I would return in a heartbeat.

Wannadive, our favorite place for tanks on the island, was being overworked. Take note -- don't travel to Bonaire right before or during Carnival. Although it didn't adversely affect our diving, Bob and Bart were working frantically to keep tanks filled. Their new "drive-thru" (such as it is) is quite nice, though.

The mosquitoes were as bad as ever. I really, really hate those bloodthirsty bastards.

We finally dove Salt Pier (without a guide--no one seemed to care) and it was incredible. So good, in fact, that we went back the next day. I've never seen so many fish in one place in my life.

I've included a few pics and a link first-ever video (edited by DBrown). Enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/36871727
Attachments
salt pier.jpg
turtle on reef.jpg
Porcupinefish.jpg
flamingo tongue.jpg
octo feeding.jpg
octo trying to blend.jpg
Kelly
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Re: Bonaire 2012 with NWDC peeps

Post by mz53480 »

Great pics!
:supz:

(btw--any head-slapping occur?)
:)
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

mz53480 wrote:Great pics!
:supz:

(btw--any head-slapping occur?)
:)
I did a head slap. Well, punch really.
:iamwithstupid:

and it WAS a faboo time, with faboo peeps! Except for the mofo mosquitoes, which should be keel-hauled for their horrendous offenses. Although, how does one keel-haul a mosquito?

:dontknow:
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Been waiting for the report! Sounds awesome...

Now, how to pass the time before the end of May gets here... sigh...
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Great report, thanks!
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »