Ginormous Congratulations!!!!

General banter about diving and why we love it.
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

Good afternoon!

Just wanted to give a general shout-out and ginormous congratulations to Koos DuPreez. He is all official as our local-area GUE instructor! :joshsmith: Anyone who has met Koos knows how hard he's worked for this, and you also know what an all around awesome person he is.

:joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith:

Congratulations!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Laurynn
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
ktb
I've Got Gills

Re: Ginormous Congratulations!!!!

Post by ktb »

Couldn't happen to a nicer person! :)

CONGRATS buddy!
Kelly
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Congratulations!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Congratulations Koos!!!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Great job, Koos! Congrats!
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Congrats, Koos!
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

I gave my congrats in private, but I'll post here as a form of endorsement. Koos is a fantastic citizen, friend, diver, and mentor. Koos, we are very lucky to have you!
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

thank you everyone for the congrats!! Its heart warming to see the amount of support from all over the globe in the form of emails, texts, fb messages, forums, etc. that have come in over the past couple of days.

This was by no means a one-man accomplishment, I have had the guidance and help from many many many friends over the past year that ultimately put this goal within my reach and it was only through your contribution that made it possible.

I've tried to thank you all individually and personally, but its damn near impossible to do effectively, but know that I'm thankful to you all for helping me get here and I firmly believe that it will be of great benefit to the local Seattle based diving community to have your own "friendly neighborhood GUE instructor"

This PNW diving community has been awesome and I pledge to help keep it that way!

cheers all and thanks again!! :luv:

Koos
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

... does this mean UWS will be hosting Fundies classes in the future ???

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I believe they have already hosted at least one.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

LCF wrote:I believe they have already hosted at least one.
Which is pretty amazing, considering the fact that I was practically thrown out of there for asking about dee aye arr when I was a brand new diver, not so long ago.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Yup, Will and I have been working with them for over a year on this.. We've ran two GUE Fundamentals classes out of UWS now. Also, both the previous presentations on "WKPP - Cave Diving" (Mark Messersmith) and "Every Dive is a deco dive" (Dan Mackay) was graciously hosted out of UWS facilities.

Getting GUE in there and getting buy-in and backing from the owners was a great positive step forward for the community! They have been really awesome and are 100% behind us and want to see us be successful!

There there are LOTS of good things coming wrt bridging the gap between the camps and that will be all round good news for the community at large in my opinion. :luv:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Nice going. See ya in the water :)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

There there are LOTS of good things coming wrt bridging the gap between the camps and that will be all round good news for the community at large in my opinion
See, this is why we love you . . . Hooray for Koos!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

That's the kind of progress I love to see, Koos ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
yodelhawk
Frequent Bubbler

Post by yodelhawk »

Yay Koos!!! Way to go! Just one quick question... What is this GUE thing that you are instructing? I feel kind of like a dork not knowing. New diver and all...
chokolad
Avid Diver

Post by chokolad »

yodelhawk wrote:Yay Koos!!! Way to go! Just one quick question... What is this GUE thing that you are instructing? I feel kind of like a dork not knowing. New diver and all...
This can answer some of your questions. Specifically Koos can teach Primer, Doubles, Drysuit and Fundamentals described here
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

you can also find more info here :)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/opUd3caeQHE[/youtube]
yodelhawk
Frequent Bubbler

Post by yodelhawk »

Very cool. Thanks for the info and again... Congrats!
Sea Goat
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Sea Goat »

Yay Koos! It has been a pleasure helping you reach this goal and it's a great thing for the local community. You're a great fit with GUE, for sure! :)
NWUE Founding Member
GUE Seattle
http://www.GUE-Seattle.org
KaizerWilhelm
Avid Diver

Post by KaizerWilhelm »

WooHoo, Koos! We all knew you could do it! Big Pimpin'.