Hey. I'm new here, and live in Seattle.

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
kf7lze
Frequent Bubbler

Hey. I'm new here, and live in Seattle.

Post by kf7lze »

Hey everyone. I signed up here after a couple of people separately told me about it. I forgot to bring fins with me to Cove 2 one day and a nice woman putting on a dry suit told me where a nearby shop was, and then came and handed me a NW Dive Club sticker a little bit later. My friend Rachel also told me to come on here...so here I am.

I finished my OW on 6/10 and have been on 4 dives since then, two at Cove 2 and two at Redondo. I'm learning how to use a dry suit in a few weeks, pretty excited about that.

As far as what I do when I'm not underwater, I repair electronics and work at a company on the Eastside staring at a computer screen most of the day. Great to meet everyone!
-J.W.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Hey. I'm new here, and live in Seattle.

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Welcome! You'll find lots of folks here who enjoy diving with new divers, and lots of dive opportunities here.
rgugler
Just Settling In

Post by rgugler »

Does your friend Rachel happen to work at UW as a fisheries biologist?
kf7lze
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kf7lze »

Yup that's the one.
-J.W.
rgugler
Just Settling In

Post by rgugler »

Small world! I met her in January when she was doing the fish ID tests for NMFS observers 4 day briefings! I asked her about SCUBA in Seattle, and she may have actually pointed me to this site, but my 4 day briefing was a little crazy with the blizzard and then I forgot by the time I got back from Alaska in April. Glad I found it again on my own!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to our addiction!
And welcome to the club!
Please say "Hi" to Racheal, our Frog fishy friend.
It's been way too long since I've seen her at one of our Thursday dives.
If you get a chance, come South and join in on one of the South Sound Dives on Thursday, I'll give you a tour of one of our South dive sites! :smt064

Keith.

Glad you decided to join! :highfive:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
kf7lze
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kf7lze »

I'm actually going to be down in the south sound area on Thursday already...but am unsure if I'll be able to make it out diving. Sounds like there's a lot of regular events though, I'm excited to make it out for some of them and get some more time under water.
-J.W.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

kf7lze wrote:I'm actually going to be down in the south sound area on Thursday already...but am unsure if I'll be able to make it out diving. Sounds like there's a lot of regular events though, I'm excited to make it out for some of them and get some more time under water.
If your in the area, you can always stop by and say, "Hi" and get a first hand dive report :smt064
If you have your gear and the time, come dive! :taco:

Keith.
kf7lze
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kf7lze »

Since my meeting in Tacoma ends at 3, I should be good on time to actually go under water...and it sounds like there's an early group getting together. I don't want to do a night dive just yet.

I'm competent but still new, I hope that won't be a problem for anyone. I'm still working out air consumption and stuff like that, have only managed 33 minutes on an AL 80 so far, surfacing around 500-600 psi.
-J.W.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

kf7lze wrote:Since my meeting in Tacoma ends at 3, I should be good on time to actually go under water...and it sounds like there's an early group getting together. I don't want to do a night dive just yet.

I'm competent but still new, I hope that won't be a problem for anyone. I'm still working out air consumption and stuff like that, have only managed 33 minutes on an AL 80 so far, surfacing around 500-600 psi.
If I get my aluminum 80 back from being vis insp. I might actually join you on the first dive and we'll do a nice shallow comfortable dive. I bet I could get 30 min out of an 80 LP. :supz:
Just a maybe, I'm trying to limit my dives to, two a day, so I'm not stressing my back out.
3 or 4 dives in Bonaire is no problem. :calvin:
If I decide to not dive, is there someone who is willing to dive with kf7lze on that first dive? :smt064
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

BASSMAN wrote:
kf7lze wrote:Since my meeting in Tacoma ends at 3, I should be good on time to actually go under water...and it sounds like there's an early group getting together. I don't want to do a night dive just yet.

If I get my aluminum 80 back from being vis insp. I might actually join you on the first dive and we'll do a nice shallow comfortable dive. I bet I could get 30 min out of an 80 LP. :supz:
Just a maybe, I'm trying to limit my dives to, two a day, so I'm not stressing my back out.
3 or 4 dives in Bonaire is no problem. :calvin:
If I decide to not dive, is there someone who is willing to dive with kf7lze on that first dive? :smt064
I'd be happy to drop with ya, Kilo Fox 7 ;) I'm still new too and this is just planned as a get-back-underwater "checkout" dive for me. Shallow and short just seems to be the way my life operates (diving wise anyway) :)

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
kf7lze
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kf7lze »

Works for me! Sounds like I should be set with or without a big tank, then :)

Looking forward to meeting you guys.
-J.W.
kf7lze
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kf7lze »

I did just find out I secured an LP95, but I like this idea of taking it easy on the first one, so Jim: shallow and short it is!
-J.W.