Bonaire 2012

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Bonaire 2012

Post by Scubie Doo »

Yes, I said 2012. I just got Final Cut Pro and decided to finally mess with my hours of video from Bonaire last year. I tried to include all the divers on the trip but Keith just kept hamming it up, sorry Tom and Zack :)

Hopefully, this will get you charged up for your 2013 trip :taco:

https://vimeo.com/59279369
Octoloco
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Bonaire 2012

Post by Octoloco »

Nice video! Definitely makes me want to go back to Bonaire!
Dive by Shooting!!

Kathy
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Won't play on my phone... :(

Oh, and we know you like Keith better than us... :luv: either that or he is sneakier at getting into the pics than we are! :)
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Tom Nic wrote:Won't play on my phone... :(

Oh, and we know you like Keith better than us... :luv: either that or he is sneakier at getting into the pics than we are! :)
Darn, it works fine on my phone. Guess you'll have to wait until you get home :)

I'll tell you what I tell my kids... I love you all the same :D Plus, Keith is a sneaky little diver. Check him out with the trumpetfish.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

during the video you may have noticed flashes. I was shooting stills during my video taping. Here are a few of the stills from the video. It was fun going back through the footage to see the shot develop. Boy, I am going to miss Bonaire this year :-( Tom, you better get the new camera ready for action :smt064

My favorite!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Keith and the Trumpet Fish is an awesome shot on so many levels. :)
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Finally got a chance to watch it on my computer... very nice. Keith doing his trumpet fish imitation is so cool... and you even got me grunting through my regulator at "wildlife molesters"... :)

Did you do much color correction in the software? Looked very nice... It did not look like you shot it in 1080? Again, great job. Video adds lots of fun possibilities.

Man I miss Bonaire... June cannot come soon enough.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Tom Nic wrote:Finally got a chance to watch it on my computer... very nice. Keith doing his trumpet fish imitation is so cool... and you even got me grunting through my regulator at "wildlife molesters"... :)

Did you do much color correction in the software? Looked very nice... It did not look like you shot it in 1080? Again, great job. Video adds lots of fun possibilities.

Man I miss Bonaire... June cannot come soon enough.
Tom, I just had a red filter lens on the Gopro, that's it. I am not even sure what it was shot in. I have the older generation of Gopro, so I don't think it is 1080.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Cool! Those red filters are awesome, particularly in shallow water.