Sportsways Hydro Twin from Washington

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
sitkadiver
Submariner

Sportsways Hydro Twin from Washington

Post by sitkadiver »

As some of you know, I enjoy diving with vintage gear. I found this Sportsways Hydro Twin on E-Bay a little while ago and bought it. The R/O was from Quilcene, Washington.

One of the reason's I bought the reg was it had very nice chrome and I saw what appeared to be an old repair tag. Which tells me the reg was worked on and then stored... How long ago, I couldn't tell you.
Hydro twin.jpg
Hydro twin.jpg (12.39 KiB) Viewed 1126 times
The repair tag was attached to the HP hose. It's from a shop in Bellvue. Does anybody on the board remember this shop down there?
IMG_8737.JPG
The reg breathes very well on surface. If you'all are interested I can post a dive review after I give this thing a once-over.
IMG_8747.JPG
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Sportsways Hydro Twin from Washington

Post by CaptnJack »

http://www.silent-world.com/#!home/c2df
Craig (the owner) is a member here but I forget his userID. Let us know how his service works out :)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

I won't take up too much time here with my vintage diving weirdo fixation, but does anyone know how long Craig(?) has been in the business? I checked the current phone number for the shop and it's the same. With the exception of the area code now being 425 instead of 206....

I may call and see when they last used these tags. I might also ask if there's a dusty pile of old parts lying about. I could use a main diaphragm for my New England Divers, which is the same reg.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up Capt.
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

SW has been around since the early to mid 90's.

He's been on the road for the last few months so the best way to get ahold of him is via e-mail (Craig@silent-world.com)