WWW - 7/10/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mortuus
Amphibian

WWW - 7/10/13

Post by Mortuus »

Location - Cove 2

Dive 1 splash time - ~4:30 p.m.

Dive 2 splash time - ~6:30 p.m.

As always, there is the potential for food and beer after dive 2. Hope to see you there! I will be there for dive 2 for sure, and possibly dive 1.
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Re: WWW - 7/10/13

Post by aadolfi »

Bex and I will be there for Dive 2
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
saridnour
Just Settling In

Post by saridnour »

This dive open to all? Was looking to eak in a Dive this week so thought Id drop a note. :)
Could make it there for 6:30 dive I think from Redmond. Get wet at 6:30 or gear time?

-saridnour (Andy)
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

saridnour wrote:This dive open to all? Was looking to eak in a Dive this week so thought Id drop a note. :)
Could make it there for 6:30 dive I think from Redmond. Get wet at 6:30 or gear time?

-saridnour (Andy)
Yep, these dives are open to anyone and everyone! The splash times are approximate. For dive two, people typically splash between 6:30 and 7:00. I like posting splash times so that people can arrive with enough time to set up their own gear. It's all pretty relaxed though. Once you show up, it shouldn't be hard to find a buddy or a team to dive with.
CBFin
Just Settling In

Post by CBFin »

For those in the know, I had another MRI and, although not 100%, have show tremendous improvement (from a car accident not diving). My doubles are assembled and filled again but I won't make this week's due to another engagement. I was in Canada last week and missed the Truk recap party but can't wait to hear about the trip! I'll plan on next week for a full post-dive story telling session.

Disclaimer: If you are a new diver, do not be intimidated by other divers diving double tanks. The tweak dives are open to all divers. Many people dive doubles as practice for dives where they are needed. The premise is that newer divers are buddied up with more experienced divers so everyone is comfortable and always learning.

If it's your first time to a GUE Tweak, please post some information about your experience and skill level. It will help everyone match you up with a mentor. This is a great group of divers and I guarantee you'll have fun. That's what diving is all about!
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.
- Baba Dioum
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I'll be there for Dive 2 & 3!!

Ready and willing do dive with anyone who wants a buddy!

Also, if you need any gear to loan or try out.. ping me!

K
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I won't be there this week -- teaching open water again.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Micah
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Micah »

I will be there for dive 1 and 2!
kiwi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kiwi »

I'll be there for dive 2 and 3
saridnour
Just Settling In

Post by saridnour »

Dive 3? Is that the special watering hole or really a 3rd dive? Sorry I'm still green here.
May try to push to make Dive 1 today as one other said they were going, but unsure of traffic from redmond but if there really is a dive 3, and why I'm asking, but fig its for the other suds ;) Did bring both lights just in case..

I will be out for Dive 2 for certain. I look forward to meeting some of you.

-saridnour (Andy)
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

saridnour wrote:Dive 3? Is that the special watering hole or really a 3rd dive? Sorry I'm still green here.
May try to push to make Dive 1 today as one other said they were going, but unsure of traffic from redmond but if there really is a dive 3, and why I'm asking, but fig its for the other suds ;) Did bring both lights just in case..

I will be out for Dive 2 for certain. I look forward to meeting some of you.

-saridnour (Andy)
Dive 3 is indeed a "dive" into the local watering hole to quench thirst and quiet hunger pains :partyman: :taco:

But more importantly, to socialize and have a good time! :supz:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
saridnour
Just Settling In

Post by saridnour »

Thanks for clarification and 3rd dive sounds good :)

To confirm, is anyone going to be diving at 4:30? Don't want to rush out if no ones going to be there.. lol Looking like I can get there if so.

-saridnour (Andy)
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

hmm.. dont look like dive1 has many respondents this week. Dive 2 will for sure have divers aplenty!
karant
Frequent Bubbler

Post by karant »

I plan to arrive in time for dive 1, after I pickup my brand new DUI drysuit !!!!!!

Woohoo, finally diving dry again:)
saridnour
Just Settling In

Post by saridnour »

karant wrote:I plan to arrive in time for dive 1, after I pickup my brand new DUI drysuit !!!!!!
Woohoo, finally diving dry again:)

Very cool! Will try to catch you out there then. Im diving a new to me drysuit as well (been diving dry before just different suit) so we can take time to try out the new stuff if able to connect. ui should be there...

-saridnour (Andy)
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Well, I'm out. Lost my wetsuit last night.... kind of killed my desire to dive today.
Micah
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Micah »

I'll be there for dive 1 as well. I'm a newbie so y'all will have to be patient with me. Hope to see you guys out there!
saridnour
Just Settling In

Post by saridnour »

I'm here. Anyone else? Blue shirt black trunks.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Look for karant...short southern gal sporting a set of doubles :)
saridnour
Just Settling In

Post by saridnour »

Just saw them going in. 3geared up in lot so didn't see them till they weregoing in . Caught Larry here on shore. Oh well.. 630 it is I guess unlessssomeoneelse sshows.
kmandiver
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by kmandiver »

Had a great time. Met up with another guy new to the club and made two dives. Missed the food, but had a great time. It was nice to dive here after a ten year absence.
Under the sea is where I long to be!
RVbldr
Aquaphile

Post by RVbldr »

How was the viz last evening?
saridnour
Just Settling In

Post by saridnour »

Im the other guy that dove with kmandiver. :D Sorry I missed the rest of the club, will have to meet you all on the next dive.

RVbldr: Viz was about 12' id say.

-saridnour