This shouldn't last long!

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

This shouldn't last long!

Post by Dusty2 »

Ok here's the deal. Free to someone in the club that doesn't mind sweat equity. Who will come and get it out of my yard and will get it back in the water and will take me out a couple of times next summer. It was working fine when I last used it a couple of years ago but has been sitting unloved ever since because my buddies that used to dive with me are gone and I am getting too old and to poor to own a boat. It hauled four divers with 2 tanks each without problems. It looks pretty neglected right now but once cleaned up it don't look bad at all. It is a very solid hull with solid floors that will take some pretty rough water without a fuss.

It's a 19' 78 model Bell boy with full canvas set up for diving, It has a ford 140 hp v8 omc outdrive and a custom dive ladder. It is sitting on a caulkens trailer w hydralic brakes. The seats are functional but covers are pretty sad. It was running fine and the only problem at the time is the wiper motor quit which can be a problem in WA.

It will need a few hours of cleanup and some TLC but it's a solid ole rig that will get you there and back if your willing to do the work. In addition I will require that you transfer the title when you pick it up so I'm not on the hook should you damage someone or something with it.

These pix where taken while I was activly using her but she has a couple years of grime on her now.
IMG_0611.JPG
IMG_0612.JPG
PICT0526.jpg
Last edited by Dusty2 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: This should lasr long!

Post by Tom Nic »

There are times when I really HATE that I am a non-mechanical klutz.

This is one of them.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Desert Diver
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Desert Diver »

Tom, just get it and fix it. As a mechanic and fix everything kind of guy I can tell you that loads of money can replace those skills!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

I'll be over to look at it day after tomorrow if that's okay. And if I take it, I don't have far to go!

Seriously, we are very interested. We're heading back home from Boise tomorrow evening, should get home some time Wednesday morning. After a bit of a rest, I'd like to come check it out.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Desert Diver wrote:Tom, just get it and fix it. As a mechanic and fix everything kind of guy I can tell you that loads of money can replace those skills!
I'm up for the effort!

Loads of money... well, that's another thing altogether! :calvin:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Re: This shouldn't last long!

Post by dwashbur »

I'd like to have Malinda come over and take a look tomorrow if you're going to be around.
Dave

--
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Deal pending
Dive Monkey
Aquaphile

Post by Dive Monkey »

Oh my. If that deal doesn't work out I would take you out on all the dives you wanted. Just would have to be in the morning as I work at 2pm
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

The deal worked out...
Dave

--