Wacky Wednesday West - 1/15/2014

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Bex
Frequent Bubbler

Wacky Wednesday West - 1/15/2014

Post by Bex »

Come on down again this week! We had a great turn out last week for all three dives, with lots of divers of different skill levels and backgrounds and a few new faces as well. Looking forward to seeing y'all this week!!

For those that don't know, this is a weekly event hosted by GUE Seattle, and is open to ANY diver who wants to come out and dive, regardless of skill, background, etc. It is a great chance to meet others in the community, dive with some outstanding divers and try new equipment, skills and techniques.

Need a buddy? No Problem! We will hook you up. We have many active recreational, technical, and cave divers as well as instructors and dive masters who frequent these events and they are a great place to pick up extra diving knowledge. Additionally, if you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it be a back plate and wing, argon system, doubles, jet fins, canister light, undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask.

Dive times are as follows:

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5 splash (attendance tends to be low for the first dive in the winter months so be sure to post here and confirm a buddy before you show up)
Dive 2 - 6:00 to 6:30 splash

Those are the splash times, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. If you need last minute tank fills, 5th Dimension is located right on Harbor Ave--only a 2 minute drive from the site.

The dives will both be held at Seacrest Cove 2 located right next to Marination at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave on Alki. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/eNMW7

Come on down and join us for diving! We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards (also known as Dive 3). Both Marination and the W Seattle Matador are frequent post dive destinations.

If you have additional questions feel free to drop me or aadolfi (Alex) a PM here on the board. Both Alex and I will be there this week for the second dive at 6pm, look for the Red Dodge Truck w/Canopy. If you are showing up for dive 1 and need a buddy, make sure you coordinate with someone to ensure there will be another diver to join you.

Hope you make it out this Wednesday!
Bex and Alex
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Re: Wacky Wednesday West - 1/15/2014

Post by kdupreez »

YESSSSS!!!

I'm IN!

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Sea Goat
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Sea Goat »

Koos, that totally looks like you.
NWUE Founding Member
GUE Seattle
http://www.GUE-Seattle.org
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

coz it IS me ! :p
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

kdupreez wrote:coz it IS me ! :p
I'll look for your new suit!
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

On a serious note, I'm planning to be there, but not sure for which dives yet. I think we might be doing Archis's maiden voyage in doubles!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Goodt_godiving
Aquaphile

Post by Goodt_godiving »

Hey I lost my dive buddy for tonight and was hoping I might be able to have someone from WWW dive with me? A few things about me and my diving: started diving in Feb '13 - AOW level taught my Bob Bailey, Non-GUE trained, Non-photographer who needs to swim a bit while diving or I get BRRRRR cold, during winter my dives last around 45-60 mins. Anyone willing to take me on as a dive buddy tonight? If yes what time?
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Post by aadolfi »

You are welcome to join any one of us. I plan on splashing around 530 or 6. Look for the big red Dodge Ram.

Cheers,

Alex
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
Goodt_godiving
Aquaphile

Post by Goodt_godiving »

That is great thanks! I will be there around 4:45-5 PM!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Peter and I are going to come for the early dive, and we can take another buddy, too.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Goodt_godiving
Aquaphile

Post by Goodt_godiving »

Oh cool so the meet is then 4:30 to dive at 5?
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Well, great fun was had by all tonight, but especially by those two seals. They're the same seals that dogged me and Bert several weeks ago -- I know, because of the coloring and the scars on the darker one. They have clearly decided that divers are FUN, and they are utterly fearless. Having a seal under my elbows is a very odd experience. Dang I wish they'd take Koos's class and learn not to silt out the dive site!.

Viz has gone to pot, even where there are no seals. But we still managed to find several nudibranchs, a sailfin sculpin, a gruntie, and did I mention we saw some seals? Thank you, Janney, for another good dive. And we dealt with Peter okay . . . :)
Goodt_godiving
Aquaphile

Post by Goodt_godiving »

HAHA Peter was great to dive with as a 3rd! I just need to learn how to stay closer up front when having more than a 2 buddy group as I stick farther behind. And my light battery is toast - that is why it was so dim and then died all together last night. Taking it in to get fixed. Glad Coll has a backup one for me to use this weekend and thank goodness for backups on night dives! Those seals were there last time I dove with Casey after our dive as well. Very strange but also kinda fun! Thank you both again for letting me dive crash! Looking forward to meeting up again on our next adventure.