Free wetsuit for a new diver ...

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Free wetsuit for a new diver ...

Post by Grateful Diver »

My friend Billy moved to Hawaii a couple years ago. He came back this week to clear out some stuff he had in storage, and asked me to find a good home for his old wetsuit ... he won't be needing it anymore.

Well, actually, it's a pretty nice wetsuit ... XS Scuba Pyro Stretch farmer john ... size 2XL.

Here's the deal ... the suit is free ... but with conditions. He wants me to give the suit to somebody who needs it. That means, if you're a newly certified diver, looking to start collecting your first set of equipment ... this will help you get into a BCD or regulator a bit quicker.

I do NOT want this suit going to somebody who's going to sell it ... I could do that. I want it going to someone who will use it.

If you're that person ... or know someone who is ... let me know ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
ggthatcher
Frequent Bubbler

Re: Free wetsuit for a new diver ...

Post by ggthatcher »

I totally qualify on the new diver with very little of my own equipment. The problem I would have is on the 2XL size. How big would I need to be to fit it?
Pretty cool the way you/your friend is doing this. I'd love to start getting more equipment but we need it for both my son and I which makes anything we buy, we need 2 of it.

Let me know. I sometimes have to go 2XL on rental stuff.