Seattle Traffic holdups Aug 10th - 29th!!

General banter about diving and why we love it.
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Seattle Traffic holdups Aug 10th - 29th!!

Post by nwscubamom »

This is going to affect my traveling to and from the San Juans, and for many of you, travel to your favorite dive sites, so plan ahead!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/transport ... way19.html

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

That looks kind of nasty.... I'm not looking forward to traveling during that time frame. Thankfully I live in Magnolia and it should not effect my commute so much although it will have a definite impact on my business downtown
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

It'll be interesting to see what the access to West Seattle is... surface streets to the bridge?! :pale: I bet Cove 2 is fairly quiet in August! Does the Water Taxi allow tanks? Gear up enroute and roll off the side upon arrival? \:D/

Sounds like those headed north to the San Juans or Poss. Pt. Charter will be using 405.

As for getting to Downtown, does anyone know if I-90 will be closed? Does it effect the commute from the north or east, or just from the south?

Funny - they recommended people who work downtown to take a vacation during the construction... yeah right. #-o
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Seaslave
Compulsive Diver

Post by Seaslave »

Sounder wrote:Sounds like those headed north to the San Juans or Poss. Pt. Charter will be using 405.
Sounds like a bummer. No problems like that up here. :bootyshake:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Seaslave wrote:
Sounder wrote:Sounds like those headed north to the San Juans or Poss. Pt. Charter will be using 405.
Sounds like a bummer. No problems like that up here. :bootyshake:
Hey - maybe I'll shoot up your direction one day in August for a Patos run! This time we'll plan it in the middle of a string of sunny days.
Seaslave
Compulsive Diver

Post by Seaslave »

Maybe on the Patos spot, I have a new honey hole that's pretty sweet that I've been hitting quite a bit. Might have to take you there or to both spots. It would be sweet to make a day of it and get 3 or 4 dives in. Crabbing opens the 15th and my cooker fits nicely on the bow of the boat.... \:D/
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I need to be home by bedtime, but I'm happy to get up at the crack of dawn. With two of us on the boat, we'd have room for plenty of tanks. \:D/