hood canal

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
deep diver
Pelagic

hood canal

Post by deep diver »

Things are starting to become more lively at flagpole. There were squid and stubbies eggs everywhere. Amazing amounts of fish and more wolf eels there than I have seen in 10 years. Seems like every hole I look in has an eel looking back. A few octopus sitting on their eggs. Still no major nudi sittings. Couple little grunts and the smallest gunnel I have ever seen.

Pretty good day of eagles flying around but hard to get too good of pictures with my macro.

Was supposed to be 25k winds, but the first dive was beautiful, calm waters and not much winds, water was a little murky all the way down. In between dives the wind started building and it increased to about 3' swells while we were waiting and so we decided to call the second dive before it got worse.
Attachments
DSC_0009.jpg
hard to get a good shot with macro
hard to get a good shot with macro
DSC_0005.jpg
DSC_0001.jpg
It's a good day.... nobody died!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: hood canal

Post by ScubaJess »

Sounds like a great day! :)
That tiny Grunt is super cute!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Re: hood canal

Post by stphnmartin »

What does it mean when a grunt sculpin in sitting under the tube worm? Okay, bad mistletoe parody.
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X