Shout out to George Barron

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Shout out to George Barron

Post by Norris »

Me and a couple other Bubbles and Suds members joined the Mukilteo Parks and Arts Commission meeting last night. There were a few speakers explaining how important our Mukilteo dive site is to not only us as divers, but the eco system currently at the site itself. George has been doing a lot of work adding underwater structure, a rock line from the entry point to the geo dome, getting the city to put in a Port-a -potty and also having signs placed at the site to deter anyone from launching a motorized boat from the entry point.
He has been working with city officials in getting the area recognized as a park, and also trying to establish it as protected.
As someone that frequents this site often I applaud George and his work, and appreciate the attention he has invested. With NOA now closed I would assume that Mukilteo will be making some waterfront decisions that will likely bring in revenue, but it is good that we are expressing our desire to keep a dive park while this is in planning stages.
I will continue to attend council meetings and support our t-dock dive park as will Bubbles and Suds. Not only did I finish my advanced OW there in 2009, I have been diving it regularly since then.

Would love to get that deep buoy back in the water. I know Bubbles and Suds has placed 3 and lost 3, shenanigans? Maybe.

WTG George
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Shout out to George Barron

Post by YellowEye »

Great to hear!
Thank you for the update!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Fantastic update. Thank you Norris!

I hope the dive site can be saved. Great job George! 🌊🤿🐟🐙💖🖖
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Props to my namesake! Nice work!