Sunkin Ships on the Military Chanel

General banter about diving and why we love it.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Sunkin Ships on the Military Chanel

Post by sparky »

was flipping through the chanels and found a kick but show about a group of divers doing ship wrecks includeing 2 U Booots tonight if you missed it look for it to repeat latter they are doing a group of ships in Torepdp Ally

About half over right now wish I thought to record it

Dam no Tevo

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I checked the guide its going to reair at 10pm I have an eastern time zone feed so check your guides for it on the military channel it is called "Quest for Sunken Warships"
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

Dan Crowell

Post by Curt McNamee »

Dan Crowell that is in this show, trained with Mel on a KISS CCR last year and stayed with us for a week.

We also took him to the 4 engine bomber in Lake WA where he did some filming. He has some really neat camera gear.

His comment about the lake was that it was the darkest dive he had ever done. His camera set up did not work very well because of the dark and the poor visibility.
Curt McNamee
rEvo & KISS Classic Diver
http://www.silentscuba.com
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Dan Crowell

Post by Joshua Smith »

Curt McNamee wrote:Dan Crowell that is in this show, trained with Mel on a KISS CCR last year and stayed with us for a week.

We also took him to the 4 engine bomber in Lake WA where he did some filming. He has some really neat camera gear.

His comment about the lake was that it was the darkest dive he had ever done. His camera set up did not work very well because of the dark and the poor visibility.

Wait a minute here....do you mean THE Dan Crowell, former captain of the SEEKER? Holy sh%t....I would have liked to have met him....or shined his boots and carried his gear or something.....THAT Dan Crowell?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Curt McNamee wrote:Dan Crowell that is in this show, trained with Mel on a KISS CCR last year and stayed with us for a week.

Dang Curt:

Is there any one in diving that you and John Rawlins dont know. LOL
that is so cool .

I was wondering what type of rebreather they were useing
I wish they would have talked a little more on the gear and the training
but the show was about Diving deep wrecks not how to get to that point

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

sparky wrote: Dang Curt:

Is there any one in diving that you and John Rawlings dont know? LOL
That is so cool .

I was wondering what type of rebreather they were using.
but the show was about Diving deep wrecks not how to get to that point.

Sparky
As a matter of fact, Dan was the co-instructor along with Mel for my initial KISS CCR training.

I missed the show! Curt, was Dan using his KISS or some other CCR for the filming?

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I knew about the show, but Comcast wants too much money from me to get the Military channel, which pisses me off- Why do I have to buy a "package" with 294 channels that I never watch, just to get one or two channels that I want to see? I allready have 598 channels of pure garbage....Anyway, I'm hoping they offer the show on DVD down the road, I'd really like to see it.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

Post by Curt McNamee »

John Rawlings wrote:
sparky wrote: Dang Curt:

Is there any one in diving that you and John Rawlings dont know? LOL
That is so cool .

I was wondering what type of rebreather they were using.
but the show was about Diving deep wrecks not how to get to that point.

Sparky
As a matter of fact, Dan was the co-instructor along with Mel for my initial KISS CCR training.

I missed the show! Curt, was Dan using his KISS or some other CCR for the filming?

- John
He was diving an Ouroboros and an Inspiration.

This show is a series and there will be more of them in the future.
Curt McNamee
Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

Post by Curt McNamee »

sparky wrote:

Dang Curt:

Is there any one in diving that you and John Rawlins dont know. LOL
that is so cool .

I was wondering what type of rebreather they were useing
but the show was about Diving deep wrecks not how to get to that point

Sparky
Remember, they produce these shows for the masses of which most of them are not divers.

On the show, they did at least talk about some of the technical aspects of diving so the people watching would have a better understanding of what this type of diving was all about.
Curt McNamee
Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

Post by Curt McNamee »

Nailer99 wrote:

Wait a minute here....do you mean THE Dan Crowell, former captain of the SEEKER? Holy sh%t....I would have liked to have met him....or shined his boots and carried his gear or something.....THAT Dan Crowell?
Yes, that Dan Crowell. He owes Mel and I a trip on the East coast and we hope to cash in on that next summer. It would be a Trimix CCR trip, so those who are up to speed might be able to get involved.
Last edited by Curt McNamee on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Curt McNamee
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Curt McNamee wrote:
Nailer99 wrote:

Yes, that Dan Crowell. He owes Mel and I a trip on the East coast and we hope to cash in on that next summer. It would be a CCR trip, so those who are up to speed might be able to get involved.

:smt035

Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

Last edited by Burntchef on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
mattwave
Amphibian

Post by mattwave »

I have a trip planned next August for the U-352, Dixie Arrow and U-701, hopefully the Naeco and Proteus too. Just did this 352 this last August, some spectacular diving for sure, bring the Scapalomine patches though. They know swells out there in the OBX.
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving