Scuba Club Cozumel?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Scuba Club Cozumel?

Post by enchantmentdivi »

My husband and I are planning our 4th trip to Cozumel. We've stayed at a different resort each time, and this time we're thinking we might try something a bit different. Has anybody stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel? Thoughts? Opinions?

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Jenn
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Scuba Club Cozumel is an outstanding resort. I stayed there when I dove Coz a few years back. Unlike lots of resorts which cater mostly to non-divers and throw in a few diver specific details, SCC is 100% diver orientated. The staff is great and totally knows their stuff. The dive boats are beautiful and perfect for the location.

The real deal sealer for me, though, was the shore diving. Hands down the best shore diving I've ever done. And you get unlimited airfills! Get your air, walk 50 feet to the dock, giant stride off and enjoy! My buddy and I were diving 5 dives a day (80+ minutes each). After the dive, you surface in a small "pool" carved out of the rock wall and exit the water up a short, wide staircase.

Seriously, this place is simply amazing. I want to go back in a BIG way! :crybaby:
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Way to go Seth! Now I want to go there too! Sounds like a good resort based on your experience. \:D/
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

The only time I've been to warm water, that's where I went. I had a great time. They have a restaraunt right there, the food is pretty good. The shore diving, like Seth mentioned is pretty good. I'd go back there if I could ever afford a warm water trip again. There's a shop down here, in Salem, that goes there every year, and I hear nothing but good things from them.

Nick
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Hey guys--thanks for the info! We are definitely leaning towards SCC...now, we need to make a decision and book it!

Seth--how deep was the shore diving right there at SCC? I've heard it's shallow, but was wondering exactly how shallow. Was it affected by the typical Coz currents or pretty protected? I am wondering if it would be a good place to park my behind to take photos.

Thanks!

Jenn
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Jenn, looking through my log, my deepest shore dive was 26 FSW and the shallowest was 19 FSW. (If you don't get at least 70 minute dives, something's wrong...) It drops right off from the dock and plateaus. The entire "shore" is one long wall covered with life. Regarding the current, I don't remember ever fighting any there. Seriously, get on a plane and GO! :partyman:
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Seth--thanks for taking the time to look through your log book. I appreciate it!

And, okay alright already, I'll make the call and book the trip! No arm twisting necessary...I'm ready!