Six Gills: November 2007 Dive Training

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Six Gills: November 2007 Dive Training

Post by Sounder »

Another good article on sixgills was in the November 2007 issue of Dive Training (starts on page 101). I don't think it's quite as good as Mr. Rawlings' article in NW Dive News a while back, but it's cool that OUR shark (yes, I know they're all over the world, but it's still OUR shark...) is getting some "pub." :supz:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Cold_H2O
Aquaphile

Post by Cold_H2O »

I love it when "our" critters get noticed.
Biodiversity_Guy
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Biodiversity_Guy »

The Jan/Feb 08 PADI Sport Diver Magazine, Page 18 has an article on seeing six gills with "Team Hydrus" here in Puget Sound.
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Team Hydrus has a 3 night liveaboard to see 6 gills. A bit spendy for me, but it looks like a lot of fun.

http://teamhydrus.com/
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Unfortunately feeding wild animals with big teeth to attract them has already proven to imprudent. It was only 2 yrs ago that FL banned shark feedings I believe.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Why do I think that those guys aren't doing us non-caged divers a favor by associating our bubbles with food?

Just because you're allowed to do it doesn't make it a good idea.....

I didn't realize that we had any live-aboard style charters in the seattle area. I kind of which they'd do something more interesting, like 3 day dive trips around the san juans or something.

Jake