Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive!

Post by Nwbrewer »

Ahhhh Pez is a spoilsport! :sign10:

I suppose if he's out, we should all go back to the boring titles....

I'm gonna try and make this club dive and get a few dives in with the drysuit. As it will probably be only my 3rd or 4th dive in it, I'm gonna apply for little buddy status.

Jake
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I like Penelopolyschnoz's (sorry hon, that may never die :dontknow: ) schedule - let's meet in the big pay-parking lot at 9am with the plan to be in the water by 10am. We'll do 2 dives, then grill, then anyone who wishes to do a 3rd can do so.

Valerie, it'd be awesome to have you there. Knowing you, you'll still prove an excellent big buddy even OUT of the water!! AND... someone has to hold down that beach chair!!

I'll plan to be there a little early - look for the little gray Toyota truck with gray canopy... it's my favorite piece of dive gear! That way people can park somewhat close to each other. Maybe some of the other big buddies with tents can show up a bit early too.

Buddy teams are usually handled fairly loosely, but we'll ensure all the little buddies have a big buddy. Other than that, we'll ensure everyone's got a buddy and gets a site briefing if they need one.

This will be a great time and I'm excited at the turnout! Hopefully more and more people will jump on board as it gets closer!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Nwbrewer wrote:Ahhhh Pez is a spoilsport! :sign10:

I'm gonna try and make this club dive and get a few dives in with the drysuit. As it will probably be only my 3rd or 4th dive in it, I'm gonna apply for little buddy status.

Jake

Oh, he's far from boring. :evil4:
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Nailer99 wrote:

Jake

Oh, he's far from boring. :evil4:
heh - "sailing." :bootyshake: Is that what the kids are calling it now?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I almost want the other avatar back.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I am quite happy to be an illustrious? member of the WP. :)

Since we're going to be there most of the day I will set up in the pay lot. I have seen people set up canopies over the ends of their parking spaces if we're all grouped together, or maybe we can commandeer a trailer parking spot. Sounder, my giant schnozz and I will get there early too so we can figure that out.

I drive a blue subaru outback sport and my dry suit is black with lime green accents. You can't miss me.

As the day gets closer we should do another roll call, and list who's bringing what.

We are going to have a most excellent time!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Pez7378 wrote:(EDDIE MURPHY RAW) Hey! Go get fi'e gallon 'o gasoline out of da shed.......WHOOOF! Now dat's a fire! Oh don't worry 'bout Charlie there, just roll him round a bit......He be awright! :violent3:
You said you met your wife on a camping trip, and that she was Puerto Rican? Your wife ain't no Puerto Rican. You married a Bigfoot, didn't you, Gus?
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Penopolypants wrote:Sounder, my giant schnozz and I will get there early too so we can figure that out.

I drive a blue subaru outback sport and my dry suit is black with lime green accents.
my even gianter schnozz will get there on the early side and emerge from a silver subaru outback with oregon plates.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Penopolypants wrote:I drive a blue subaru outback sport and my dry suit is black with lime green accents. You can't miss me.
The understatement of the century!! :smt064 Bring sunglasses!! :axe:

Sounds good. There is a strong chance that some OW classes will be there too so just look for some of the vehicles described and know that it's us. OR, you could drive around asking "are you Sounder" - that might be entertaining. Course, if I see you coming, I'll answer "no" just to watch you drive around and around asking random people if their name is "Sounder!" HA! :bootyshake:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote:OR, you could drive around asking "are you Sounder" - that might be entertaining. Course, if I see you coming, I'll answer "no" just to watch you drive around and around asking random people if their name is "Sounder!" HA! :bootyshake:
ok, so i'm really blind w/o my glasses on. when i was a teenager at the beach, i would come out of the water and try to find my friends amongst the crowds of other sunbathers. those b*st*rds would take down the umbrella, and put their shirts on so i wouldn't recognize my group. then they would watch me walk around, often only a few feet away, squinting and cursing them. sometimes this went on for 10 minutes before someone finally took pity on me and called out.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

spatman wrote:
Sounder wrote:OR, you could drive around asking "are you Sounder" - that might be entertaining. Course, if I see you coming, I'll answer "no" just to watch you drive around and around asking random people if their name is "Sounder!" HA! :bootyshake:
ok, so i'm really blind w/o my glasses on. when i was a teenager at the beach, i would come out of the water and try to find my friends amongst the crowds of other sunbathers. those b*st*rds would take down the umbrella, and put their shirts on so i wouldn't recognize my group. then they would watch me walk around, often only a few feet away, squinting and cursing them. sometimes this went on for 10 minutes before someone finally took pity on me and called out.
Dude, that sucks! #-o
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Penopolypants wrote:
spatman wrote:
Dude, that sucks! #-o
Naah - that's comedy!!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:Dude, that sucks! #-o
Naah - that's comedy!!

both! sucked then, funny as hell now.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

... it was funny then too.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Jake
I don't want to go back to the boring titles! Like Penelopolypantschnozz :smt064 (or however it's pronounced), I, too, am proud of my WP designation.... There are, after all, more, *ahem*, emasculating terms that could be used. At least WP suggests...what's a delicate word?...stature.

I'm very excited to meet everybody! :wav:

I have a medium-sized cooler I can bring if needed. Probably some camping chairs, too....
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote:... it was funny then too.
true. just not for me. an hour or so later, maybe.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

..........and the Moral of the story is...........

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR! :evil4: I've been violated!

Funny as Hell!!! Good one Josh........we should go diving together......Soon! :violent1:
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I work that saturday. to make up for the week off i am taking to the port hardy in bc TO DIVE SOME in April
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Pez7378 wrote:..........and the Moral of the story is...........

Funny as Hell!!! Good one Josh........we should go diving together......Soon! :violent1:

oooooo- nice retaliation! You are a worthy adversary, my friend!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Nailer99 wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:..........and the Moral of the story is...........

oooooo- nice retaliation! You are a worthy adversary, my friend!
Thank you sir! And now I can change my avatar to something a bit more respectable. :salute: I wont ask where you get such photos.......I dont want to know. :evil4: (you know, don't ask don't tell)
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I just found out that my prior engagement that day doesn't start until 1:30, so I can come, at least for a little while anyway. :occasion5: Since no one has responded to this thread recently, I thought I'd give it a bump. How about y'all respond with an

"I'm in!" :naka:

and I'll know who I'm running into there. I may even throw up a list.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Segeant Pepper!! \:D/ Another Big Buddy!! :supz: :partyman:

I'm in all day, and Mrs. Sounder will be coming later in the day around lunch time.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

you know i'm in! 1st dive with captnjack, and the next 2 TBD, though one probably with big buddy sounder.

:partyman:
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

not me, I have dental cleaning can't be changed to a date close to now. I have been to the dentist 4 times in the last 6 months; none in the last 14 years #-o , so I can't miss this one. [-X [-X [-X
i flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nice-diver/

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it's easier to harrass rich women than motorcycle gangs!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

I'm in! :hello2: