Ultimate Dive Boat??

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Ultimate Dive Boat??

Post by Pez7378 »

I was cruising through some Aluminum boat dealers (Hewes, ThunderJet, Almar etc) and came across this Dive boat/Truck trailer combo for sale. $180,000. How much does it cost to get it here from Hawaii??? Too rich for my meager allowance, and it would need a serious paint job but it's pretty nice.

http://www.almarboats.com/2004/content/ ... _month.php
mattwave
Amphibian

Post by mattwave »

Yah I saw that too, pretty cool.
If you are looking to spend that kind of cash, Mark Greshman - operator of PSI is selling his Boulton, I think he lowered the price to $175,000 boat and trailer. Custom built from the bottom up for diving.

http://www.boultonpowerboats.com/pilothouseseries.htm
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

My dad's old company:

http://acbboats.com/
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Still too much. I kinda like the Hewes 220 Ocean Pro. HT for about 50K. Not that I have that kind of money laying around, and I'm sure it could be found for a lower price. It might be nice for a day of diving with a small crew.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Gee, this thread is making me feel MUCH better about the boat we just bought (which didn't cost as much as the sales tax on the OP's dream boat) :)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

No kidding about the paint job, though. :)
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Pez7378 wrote:Still too much. I kinda like the Hewes 220 Ocean Pro. HT for about 50K. Not that I have that kind of money laying around, and I'm sure it could be found for a lower price. It might be nice for a day of diving with a small crew.
Pez, Isn't the Deep Sea still for sale? Never been on it, but it looks like a nice boat for local diving.....

Jake
boydski
Submariner

Re: Ultimate Dive Boat??

Post by boydski »

Pez7378 wrote:I was cruising through some Aluminum boat dealers (Hewes, ThunderJet, Almar etc) and came across this Dive boat/Truck trailer combo for sale. $180,000.
Hi Pez,

When I bought my version of the "Ultimate Dive Boat", it used the same Almar Sounder hull as the boat you found in Hawaii. They are made by North River now (North River owns Almar), so be sure to check out the North River Seahawk offshore. I think they about the best Northwest Dive Boat that you can buy.

Sounder's ACB's are also incredible boats, nearly unsinkable, but seriously expensive!
don
Aquaphile

Post by don »

Pacific Adventure's first boat is still for sale. Great boat, solid and economical but not fast. http://www.mahinayachts.com/core/listin ... hinayachts&

don
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Pez..... Will your Durango Pull this?

1929 rum runner. Boat needs to be moved. wheelhouse is very nice and the forward cabin is very livable. diesel engine runs but gears dont. Must be moved. Clear title available. Historic vessel. Would make great home, office or dockside coffee stand! 206 406 9391
Attachments
boat.jpg
boat.jpg (8.42 KiB) Viewed 2012 times
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Only if it's still got Rum in its holds! :occasion5:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Pez7378 wrote:Only if it's still got Rum in its holds! :occasion5:
YEAH!! :supz: :partyman:
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

sheahanmcculla wrote:Pez..... Will your Durango Pull this?
1929 rum runner...
That's not a dive-boat, it's next week's dive-site! :evil4:

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

I forgot to say that I found it in the free section!!!
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

My buddy has a Boulton - The cabin and head doors fell off (literally) the same day, 2nd year he had it and he stores it inside a heated shop!

My other buddy who has been sitting in Kuwait for 9 days waiting for an airplane to bring him home from Iraq, has a 32' ACB Bowloader that is a dream to dive off of. Beautiful boat!

I have the Hewescraft 22' Searunner ET HT and love it. I was pissed when they came out with the OceanPro the year after I got mine. There's a lot to be said about 6" #-o.

I have another friend with an older 24' North River Jetboat it's a great boat but he had to rewire the whole boat after about 2 years because it wasn't wired for Saltwater. They fixed that problem a long time ago the new boats are almost as nice as Hewescraft (right Boydski :la: )

Dave
Dave Mitchell
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Re:

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Sounder wrote:My dad's old company:

So Doug, when I win the lottery or my horse comes in I call you for a great deal on my next dive boat????????? \:D/ \:D/
Charles
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

Dmitchell wrote:I have another friend with an older 24' North River Jetboat it's a great boat but he had to rewire the whole boat after about 2 years because it wasn't wired for Saltwater. They fixed that problem a long time ago the new boats are almost as nice as Hewescraft (right Boydski :la: )
Dave
That's right Dave. They are "almost" as nice! :evil4:

I "almost" bought a Hewescraft too. It was a tough choice between the North River O/S and the Hewescraft OceanPro!!! I'm just partial to that Almar Sounder Hull. :laughing3:
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Are they comparable in price? They're both nice boats. I was with Captjack the day you met over by the Maury Island Barges. The Dive Bum is a nice boat!
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

Pez7378 wrote:Are they comparable in price? They're both nice boats. I was with Captjack the day you met over by the Maury Island Barges. The Dive Bum is a nice boat!
Hi Pez,

Yes, they are very comparible in price. By the time I added up the all the "extras" on the Hewes that came with the North River, they were essentially the same price. You can't go wrong with either boat, they are both very well built.
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

You cannot beat an Almar Sounder hull! Can't afford one either, but that's beside the point!
Dave Mitchell
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

airsix wrote:
sheahanmcculla wrote:Pez..... Will your Durango Pull this?
1929 rum runner...
That's not a dive-boat, it's next week's dive-site! :evil4:

-Ben

:laughing3: Beat me to it. Good one!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Re: Re:

Post by Sounder »

Aquanautchuck wrote:
Sounder wrote:My dad's old company:

So Doug, when I win the lottery or my horse comes in I call you for a great deal on my next dive boat????????? \:D/ \:D/
When you win the lottery, let me know ACB's are the most stable boats I've ever been seen. Course, then you put two or three HUUUUGE motors on the back and these boats will do wheelies too.
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

This is about all the dive boat I can afford! All it would need is a dive flag and an attachment point underneath. It’s just a dive buoy with a motor.
Attachments
jET SKI.jpg
jET SKI.jpg (15.82 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

sheahanmcculla wrote:This is about all the dive boat I can afford! All it would need is a dive flag and an attachment point underneath. It’s just a dive buoy with a motor.

You don't need a dive flag on it. Just paint a white stripe on it. That should work.
Charles
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

I was thinking too hard about finding a cheap boat. All I need is a cheap motor, and a free table from the dump.....
Attachments
table_boat.jpg
table_boat.jpg (8.28 KiB) Viewed 2423 times