Looking for a regular weeknight buddy

General banter about diving and why we love it.
overandunderwater
Frequent Bubbler

Looking for a regular weeknight buddy

Post by overandunderwater »

Feels like I'm looking for a date here.
My regular dive buddy has flown the coop and although I do dive with a few regular friends and people from Bottomdwellers I'm looking for someone that is as passionate about this as I am. I'm looking for mainly weekdays after work, going to some local spots. Someone that is about my same level.
Me: 42yrs guy, AOW, drysuit, nitrox, 80+dives. I dive a pony which personally think is smart thing to do. I believe that divers need to take responsiblity for themselves, meaning that they need to do every thing in their power to deal with an emergency or problem without relying on their partner but having them as responsible backup. I believe that solo diving is fine when a diver has reached a certain level of experience and of course accepts the risks. I am not at that level yet, nor will I be anytime soon.
See, it is like looking for a date. Please hit me up if you'd like to meet, talk and dive.
Randy
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

I could be up for diving tonight, something like Cove 2. Been working a lot, but a big project will be over this morning. I'm 40. Dive a lot. And almost always dive with my camera. No interest in solo diving, but if that's what someone wants to do, it's a (largely) free world. Let me know about tonight, so I know whether or not to load my scuba stuff.

Rich
overandunderwater
Frequent Bubbler

Just sent you and email Rich, with my real email address. I wouldn't be able to make it until around 630 but yeah, I can get my rear in gear.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Re: Looking for a regular weeknight buddy

Post by Pez7378 »

I think you both will make a lovely couple. :bootyshake: Have a good dive guys!
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

UH PEZ what is that in your avatar??? :pale:
Jeff Castor
overandunderwater
Frequent Bubbler

whales have all the luck \:D/
Kirby
Aquaphile

Post by Kirby »

Hi,

You didn't say where you were coming from. I live in Buckley so everwhere is about an hour away for me. I dive 3-4 times and week and am always looking for someone to dive with. I am certified up through trimix but still enjoy a long shallow dive. We dive weekly in the evenings in the Tacoma area with the All in One dive shop group on Fridays, the Tacoma Scuba group on Tuesdays, the Fed Way Underwater Sports Group every other Thurs at Redondo, and every other day I am not at work. I am a firefighter and work 3 24hr shifts a week. Send me a PM or just show up for one of the group dives.
Look forward to diving with you.

Kirby
Hi, My name is Kirby, and I am addicted to Nitrogen Narcosis.
overandunderwater
Frequent Bubbler

Kirby, I'm in Seattle so the after work dives are usually off Alki due to traffic. Totally appreciate the offer but by the time I get down there I'll need a drink more than a dive. If you ever find yourself up here and want to get some time in, let me know.

Randy
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I'm available on most Tuesday's
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: