another invert... or something

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
Scott G
Aquaphile

another invert... or something

Post by Scott G »

out of my realm

any ideas

Thanks in advance,
Scott
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Re: another invert... or something

Post by nwscubamom »

Hey Scott,

That looks like a hydroid - not sure of the species without digging through my books.

You should come to the fish/invert ID course that I'm teaching at the Oregon coast aquarium on April 19th! There's still room for a few more folks. It's free. Would love to get you involved in REEF surveying since we have so little data from Oregon. Went through your smug site - great shots!!

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Scott G
Aquaphile

Post by Scott G »

nwscubamom wrote:Hey Scott,

That looks like a hydroid - not sure of the species without digging through my books.

You should come to the fish/invert ID course that I'm teaching at the Oregon coast aquarium on April 19th! There's still room for a few more folks. It's free. Would love to get you involved in REEF surveying since we have so little data from Oregon. Went through your smug site - great shots!!

i have a backlog of info that i mean to put up on the REEF site, will get to it when i have some time, or when my kids get older, whichever happens first :)

when i got the paper stuff i didn't include many, many species that are common... listed them for CA often, but not for OR... did that get fixed? there was no purple urchins, China's, Blues, Grassy's and many others that i find significant, so didn't feel right entering without a larger list.

Thanks,
Scott
Scott G
Aquaphile

Post by Scott G »

nwscubamom wrote:Hey Scott,

ps. Thanks for the ID help, i guess i need to read up on hydroids... I always thought Ectopleura was only considered when busting ghosts :) sorry for the 80's humor.