Calling all technical divers

General banter about diving and why we love it.
rjw
Aquanaut

Calling all technical divers

Post by rjw »

Hi,
I've been diving these wrecks for several years now with Bigsky, RDW,
Romer Treece, Mattwave and few other regulars that I haven't seen on
this board so I won't name them here. The wrecks we have visited and
are planning to visit are listed here
: http://www.dcsfilms.com/Site%204/DCS%20Website.html
I'm curious and what I would like to ask is how many out there are
interested / and or qualified to do these dives ? If you are would you
like be to notified ? BTW Josh you are already on the list..LOL
PM me or bigsky and one of us will forward your contact information.
We do not organize/or run these charters
but can put you in contact with the organizing parties.

And john b, we do give a rats ass.
No amount of Helium can make a dumbass smart. - Chatterton
FOTTF
Life's been good to me so far
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Calling all technical divers

Post by Joshua Smith »

Hi, everyone. Sorry, I made a mess trying to split this post away from the thread it was in; I'm still learning the ropes of the new site.

After having some pizza and beers this evening with the author, we concluded that this post deserved it's own thread, so as not to be lost in the static of the parent thread. The intent here is to draw out any qualified tech divers with an interest in diving local wrecks. An excellent overview of the dives we want to do can be found in the "DCS Films" link rjw posted above. The people involved are top-tier tech divers, both open and closed circuit, and they've been having problems filling seats on charters lately. The dive profiles are generally deeper than recreational depths, in deep, dark water, with current. Skills and training need to be in line with the planned dives. If you're interested in getting on the list, please feel free to PM or email rjw, bigsky, or myself, and we'll talk about it. (Or, just respond to this post, if you prefer) There will probably be one or two "checkout dives" to make sure everyone's comfortable diving with eachother before we can proceed, but that shouldn't be surprising to anyone who does this kind of diving. FWIW, the whole reason I got certified, and every single class I've taken since I got my OW card, was to dive deep wrecks- and we have some incredible opportunities to do that, right here in the Sound, and, of course, Lake WA. It's going to be an interesting Summer........ :supz:
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I'm In, at least to 150 fsw,ffw right now. taking trimix in june!!!! :supz:

sweet
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Randy/Dan, I'm impressed that you were able to track down a pic of the Black Dragon! Although I don't think the pic on the cover page is her. http://www.dcsfilms.com/Site%204/DCS%20 ... %2017.html Although I've only done one dive on her, I don't recall the pilot house having square deadlights along the front, they were round. Although I could be totally mistaken. This one looks right to me. http://www.dcsfilms.com/Site%204/DCS%20 ... %2024.html

Best,
Richard
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

I'm in if my work doesn't get in the way and I can take the vacation. Keep me posted. thanks
Want to go dive in Oregon. I can help. Biginner or experienced it doesn't matter.
want to do some underwater photography I will help if I can. I'm a dive Junky. Cold or hot.
I spear fish, night dive, deep dive. I do it all. Contact me.
http://flickr.com/photos/8680102@N04/
Romer Treece
Pelagic

Post by Romer Treece »

CaptnJack wrote:Randy/Dan, I'm impressed that you were able to track down a pic of the Black Dragon! Although I don't think the pic on the cover page is her. http://www.dcsfilms.com/Site%204/DCS%20 ... %2017.html Although I've only done one dive on her, I don't recall the pilot house having square deadlights along the front, they were round. Although I could be totally mistaken. This one looks right to me. http://www.dcsfilms.com/Site%204/DCS%20 ... %2024.html

Best,
Richard
Actually, after I did A LOT of research and SEVERAL dives with video, I have proof (from my video's an object on the top deck matches exactly to the same object in the other above water pics I have), that it is in fact her. The documentary I am putting together will have the other pictures and the object that clearly identifies her.
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

I'm interested in these dives as well. Please add me to the list and notify me of any upcoming charters etc...
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Romer Treece wrote: Actually, after I did A LOT of research and SEVERAL dives with video, I have proof (from my video's an object on the top deck matches exactly to the same object in the other above water pics I have), that it is in fact her. The documentary I am putting together will have the other pictures and the object that clearly identifies her.
Ok I believe you. I coulda sworn the windows/deadlights along the forward part of the wheelhouse were round tho. At least on the "Black Dragon" I dove (only once unfortunately). The back and the starboard side look alot like your pics as I recall. Do you know what the orange construction type fencing strewn all around her on the bottom are? Part of an oil boom that may have be on deck when she sank??
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Kirby
Aquaphile

Post by Kirby »

I am definitely interested in joining up for some charters, I am Trimix certified, and am diving open circuit.

Kirby Pollard
(253) 347-2817
Hi, My name is Kirby, and I am addicted to Nitrogen Narcosis.