Sound off (Edmonds and Dive Site Dev Plan)

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Sound off (Edmonds and Dive Site Dev Plan)

Post by Joshua Smith »

The two "words" may, indeed, be related, but "w00t" is considered to be a seperate word from "whoomp" these days:

LINK
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

amandacastleman wrote:Um, someone else's great angry busoms, sadly. Mine are modest and raised by an ex-Marine househusband, which makes the man-hatin' hard...

EXCEPT WHEN MY EGG IS ON. THEN SCRAMBLE, YE PEONS.
Your sexist attitude is making me feel uncomfortable and creating a hostile dive site environment. I have filed a complaint with HR.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Nailer99 wrote:
amandacastleman wrote:Um, someone else's great angry busoms, sadly. Mine are modest and raised by an ex-Marine househusband, which makes the man-hatin' hard...

EXCEPT WHEN MY EGG IS ON. THEN SCRAMBLE, YE PEONS.
Your sexist attitude is making me feel uncomfortable and creating a hostile dive site environment. I have filed a complaint with HR.
Your complaint has been noted. Please gather at Cove 2 to engage in Dive Buddy Sensitivity Training. Training will include how to burp, fart, and scratch your testicles (or ovaries) while not drowning your buddy.

For the women, we will also be offering “Egg ON!” techniques to make your ovaries heard! Followed by the latest Dive Specialty class “Diving In Heels – How To Go From The Boardroom To The Dive Site To The Hot Date While Only Needing To Touch Up Your Lipstick.”

For the men, we will be offering “Egg On Ovary Smackdown Avoidance Techniques While Doing An Air Share Ascent After Sounder Tied A Piece Of Chicken To Your Girl’s Butt D Ring And A Shark Bit Her On The Ass”. The advanced classes for those who wish to continue their education will include “Sprinting In Full Gear – How To Let ‘Fight Or Flight’ Work For You!” and “How To Duck A Lot While Doffing Your Gear Without Losing The Important Stuff.”

Offer not valid in Washington, Oregon, or anywhere for that matter. Quit reading this and go dive!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Penopolypants wrote:For the men, we will be offering “Egg On Ovary Smackdown Avoidance Techniques While Doing An Air Share Ascent After Sounder Tied A Piece Of Chicken To Your Girl’s Butt D Ring And A Shark Bit Her On The Ass”.
i have taken the EOOSATWDAASAASTAPOCTYGBDRAASBHOTA class and i must say that i have gleaned valuable knowledge from it. you can advance even further with your training in the Advanced Egg Scramble In Full Gear While Performing Ovary Placating Techniques Required Due To Chicken D-Ring Drills In Open Water class.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:Ovary Placating Techniques
The best OPT our team has discovered so far is to make sure and have some dark chocolate ready to donate via longhose at all times.....and keep a nice bottle of red wine clipped to your left hip D ring where you can get at it in a hurry, in case of an OOP ("Out of Patience", or "Ovaries On Parade") emergency.

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Nailer99 wrote:The best OPT our team has discovered so far is to make sure and have some dark chocolate ready to donate via longhose at all times.....and keep a nice bottle of red wine clipped to your left hip D ring where you can get at it in a hurry, in case of an OOP ("Out of Patience", or "Ovaries On Parade") emergency.
in the event of a CCL (Catastrophic Chocolate Failure) or RWFF (Red Wine Free Flow), a helpful addition to the standard OPGF (Ovary Placating Gear Config) is an American Express Platinum Card velcroed to the back of your signal mirror.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Just a warning to some of you - Unified Team Marriage (UTM) can sometimes get you into a bit of trouble:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 ... reat_N.htm

The teams can get larger and larger until they become completely unmanageable....even IF everyone does everything the same way all the time! The fear of doing something differently can breed a sense of isolation even when in a huge group!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

=D> :hello2: :notworthy:

I am in awe of the creativity that is NWDC. You guys are amazing!

Now if you could just figure out a way to make serious coin with all that creativity.... :axe:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Frankly, I'm just wondering if anyone will ever answer Amanda's original questions! #-o
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

John Rawlings wrote:Frankly, I'm just wondering if anyone will ever answer Amanda's original questions! #-o

she asked a question? :dontknow:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

tacos are delicious

amandacastleman
Avid Diver

Post by amandacastleman »

Oh, fuggeddabout the Bruce Higgins Underwater Trails article. I just plan to run this thread in the P-I instead, thereby ensuring that potential divers flee in terror and don't go cluttering up our sites...

After all, how can a humble hack compete with the glory that is "Egg ON! techniques to make your ovaries heard"? :salute:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Question? Amanda had a question?

Time for a new thread Amanda! :prayer:
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Like I keep saying: "It takes a special kind of idiot to love diving around here." I'm proud to say I know quite a few special idiots. And if there's one thing we love, it's sailing up next to an unsuspecting thread, hoisting the black flag, throwing down the gangplanks, and storming aboard for a good, old fashioned hijacking! :evil4:

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Nailer99 wrote:Like I keep saying: "It takes a special kind of idiot to love diving around here." I'm proud to say I know quite a few special idiots. And if there's one thing we love, it's sailing up next to an unsuspecting thread, hoisting the black flag, throwing down the gangplanks, and storming aboard for a good, old fashioned hijacking! :evil4:
darrgh! i be a special idiot, aye!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
Nailer99 wrote:Like I keep saying: "It takes a special kind of idiot to love diving around here." I'm proud to say I know quite a few special idiots. And if there's one thing we love, it's sailing up next to an unsuspecting thread, hoisting the black flag, throwing down the gangplanks, and storming aboard for a good, old fashioned hijacking! :evil4:
darrgh! i be a special idiot, aye!

My "Army of Darkness" continues to grow. :supz:

Eeeeeeeeehxcellent! uh......I mean, AAAAAARRR! [Waves sword around]

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Nailer99 wrote:My "Army of Darkness" continues to grow. :supz:

Eeeeeeeeehxcellent! uh......I mean, AAAAAARRR! [Waves sword around]

nailer, yours would be an "army of DORKness"!

"nice job referencing an old thread hijacking in this one, spatman."
thank you. thank you very much.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Actually, the steering committee, along with the officer's battalion liaison, have moved to rename it "The Legion Of The Damned, llc." If they can get a 2/3 majority vote among the shareholders, all those coffee cups I ordered are going to be worthless. #-o

Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Nailer99 wrote:tacos are delicious
What's your favorite kind? :dontknow:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Tom Nic wrote:=D> :hello2: :notworthy:

I am in awe of the creativity that is NWDC. You guys are amazing!
I'm rather impressed myself! Geez - step away from the computer for a few hours and you MISS EVERYTHING!! #-o

I think it's safe to say this is the best thread hijack I've ever seen.
amandacastleman
Avid Diver

Post by amandacastleman »

Below is the original post, which just seems so trivial in light of all the genius displayed here...
amandacastleman wrote:The Seattle Post-Intelligencer is ready for its annual "lookit the coldwater kids" cover story for the outdoor section. The good news: it won't be a "gee, shucks, a dry suit" piece this year, since I'm learning my chops, however slowly. The great news: Scott Boyd's still shooting. And I hear he has a new camera, since his last one drowned on assignment in Hood Canal. Youch...

So, I'm hassling Bruce Higgins about the volunteer program. And I've tapped a few folks to talk about the site and NW dive park plan, plus whomever shows up (June 14th, if all goes well). But I'd welcome other voices – pro, con, cantankerous, ectastic, whatever. Shoot me an email (amandacastleman@hotmail.com). Please include your full name, hometown and dive qualifications or associations or what have you. I may not be able to quote everyone this time, but I'm extremely grateful for fresh perspectives (often woven into the background) ... and I also revise story ideas for multiple outlets.

C'mon: what are you waiting for? The rockstar potential is unlimited! :naka:
The story's not due until early July, so I'm happy to hear from folks till then.

After that I plan to flee screaming... possibly to another country. Continent even.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

amandacastleman wrote:After that I plan to flee screaming... possibly to another country. Continent even.
We are very relieved that you will be continent while fleeing to another country. Especially in a dry suit. :toimonster:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Tom Nic wrote:
amandacastleman wrote:After that I plan to flee screaming... possibly to another country. Continent even.
We are very relieved that you will be continent while fleeing to another country. Especially in a dry suit. :toimonster:
:hello2: =D> :evil4:
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

She relieved, I'm relieved, everybody is relieved. From a line over there.
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Tom Nic wrote:

BOOO-Yah! I knew Tom had it in him- well played, sir!