Ahem...

General banter about diving and why we love it.
oregondiver
Submariner

Ahem...

Post by oregondiver »

I just ordered my backplate system, with wings, with weight plates from that uber knowledgeable guy named Tobin. :hello2:

:partyman:

Why is there no icon for doing jumping jacks across the office?!?!?!
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: Ahem...

Post by spatman »

woohoo! congrats, shell!!

:occasion5:

let us know if you need any help rigging it when it arrives. tobin's a great guy and his product is as well, but his documentation... well... let's just say we're happy to help!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

W00t! So, what wing you get? Pro fit harness or hog harness? Inquiring minds want to know! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Aaah, don't listen to spatman... it's plenty easy to do. Getting it adjusted can be a trick though.

Here is a good write-up with pictures to use along with Tobin's instructions. This write-up also shows how to adjust it.

http://dir-diver.com/en/equipment/backp ... tment.html
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Don't panic when the "little" package arrives. It's all there. Every bit of it. =D> Congratulations!
Jeff Kruse
Compulsive Diver

Post by Jeff Kruse »

Is that you in your avitar! Nice!
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

Tobin (and others) recommended the hoggy system. So I went with that (but alredy thinking of modification buckles in the back of my mind)....

I might wait for the Sund Rock dive weekend to get the thing put together. So be prepared for the question about putting it together:
It is a two beer job or is it a six pack and somebody shoot me kind of job?
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I recommed a bottle of scotch and some peanuts but a sixpack and peanuts work tooo. its really fun to do, i like to do it on the beach as to dive it as soon as it's set up. then drink the beer after its all set up. bring it in october i will help you if you like. Cuppie just got one too.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

When I threaded my webbing (2" wide macrame) for the first time I had the following things on hand... a laptop with many browser windows open... and a beer (which got warm).

I love my tall sized DSS plate... it fits and no silly keepers required!

Here are some links about putting your harness together I keep handy at all times:
oregondiver wrote:Tobin (and others) recommended the hoggy system. So I went with that (but alredy thinking of modification buckles in the back of my mind)....

I might wait for the Sund Rock dive weekend to get the thing put together. So be prepared for the question about putting it together:
It is a two beer job or is it a six pack and somebody shoot me kind of job?
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Maverick wrote:Cuppie just got one too.
Yay for Cuppie!
oregondiver wrote:is it a two beer job.........
When assembling your backplate, always lube the mind with approximately 12oz of cold, frosty malted beverage. :occasion5: Carefully read the instruction page :book: , and after failing to understand completely, add another 12oz to the blood stream. :occasion5: Lay out all the parts and ensure they are there. Log onto computer :smt024 and seek out various websites properly explaining the procedure. Consume another 12oz while reading web pages, :occasion5: :book: and turning the parts over in your hands. Wonder why you are being told to put the inner tube on the left shoulder strap above the D-ring :dontknow: and calmly consume another 12oz. :occasion5: Thread the 2" webbing according to the directions, and after realizing you did it backwards at the hips, and forgot to put on the right shoulder D-ring, take it apart and start over. #-o Consume another 12oz and relax. :occasion5: Stop Yawning. Attach the wing to the plate, and attempt to thread the cam-bands. After several failed attempts finish off your last 12oz, :dontknow: admit that you're too buzzed to continue and go to bed. :crybaby: Repeat the following evening.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Pez7378 wrote:Wonder why you are being told to put the inner tube on the left shoulder strap above the D-ring :dontknow:
I had to look at someone's rig at NWSD to understand the point of that innertube!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Pez7378 wrote: When assembling your backplate, always lube the mind with approximately 12oz of cold, frosty malted beverage. :occasion5: Carefully read the instruction page :book: , and after failing to understand completely, add another 12oz to the blood stream. :occasion5: Lay out all the parts and ensure they are there. Log onto computer :smt024 and seek out various websites properly explaining the procedure. Consume another 12oz while reading web pages, :occasion5: :book: and turning the parts over in your hands. Wonder why you are being told to put the inner tube on the left shoulder strap above the D-ring :dontknow: and calmly consume another 12oz. :occasion5: Thread the 2" webbing according to the directions, and after realizing you did it backwards at the hips, and forgot to put on the right shoulder D-ring, take it apart and start over. #-o Consume another 12oz and relax. :occasion5: Stop Yawning. Attach the wing to the plate, and attempt to thread the cam-bands. After several failed attempts finish off your last 12oz, :dontknow: admit that you're too buzzed to continue and go to bed. :crybaby: Repeat the following evening.
:laughing3: I suddenly want to get a 6 pack and take mine apart....

Shell, I recommend that you keep a pair of pliers are handy to help pull the webbing through the plate when you do put it together.

Yay new gear!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Penopolypants wrote:
Pez7378 wrote: When assembling your backplate, always lube the mind with approximately 12oz of cold, frosty malted beverage. :occasion5: Carefully read the instruction page :book: , and after failing to understand completely, add another 12oz to the blood stream. :occasion5: Lay out all the parts and ensure they are there. Log onto computer :smt024 and seek out various websites properly explaining the procedure. Consume another 12oz while reading web pages, :occasion5: :book: and turning the parts over in your hands. Wonder why you are being told to put the inner tube on the left shoulder strap above the D-ring :dontknow: and calmly consume another 12oz. :occasion5: Thread the 2" webbing according to the directions, and after realizing you did it backwards at the hips, and forgot to put on the right shoulder D-ring, take it apart and start over. #-o Consume another 12oz and relax. :occasion5: Stop Yawning. Attach the wing to the plate, and attempt to thread the cam-bands. After several failed attempts finish off your last 12oz, :dontknow: admit that you're too buzzed to continue and go to bed. :crybaby: Repeat the following evening.
:laughing3: I suddenly want to get a 6 pack and take mine apart....

Shell, I recommend that you keep a pair of pliers are handy to help pull the webbing through the plate when you do put it together.

Yay new gear!
It's like a new drinking game!! PARTY!! :partyman:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Pez7378 wrote:Don't panic when the "little" package arrives. It's all there. Every bit of it. =D> Congratulations!

Shell, you aren't the first girl Pez has said this to.....

:smt119 :smt064
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Fishstiq wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:Don't panic when the "little" package arrives. It's all there. Every bit of it. =D> Congratulations!

=D> Bravo.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Fishstiq wrote:

:laughing3:

(pointing and giggling, what girls do best. :prayer: )
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Fishstiq wrote:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

nice! the tables might be turning, pez! fishstiq is coming back atcha!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

spatman wrote:nice! the tables might be turning, pez! fishstiq is coming back atcha!
Oh I dunno.

The first time he tried to put on a Catheter, He was complaining that it was too big. I had to tell him to turn it around.............
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

Scubagirl45 wrote:
Fishstiq wrote:

:laughing3: :laughing3: :prayer:
(pointing and giggling with p-pants)

Ditto!
Although the catheter comment almost made me snort 7up out my nose...