How come we can't access the tech forum?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

How come we can't access the tech forum?

Post by narcosis Junky »

How come I (don't know about others) can't access topic in the tech forum or no bubles. Do we have to be some one special. Or is it only accessible by board members. I have sent a few messages to board members wondering how come it is off limit. And No answer? Maybe there is some top secret talk in the forum. :laughing3:
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
Want to go dive in Oregon. I can help. Biginner or experienced it doesn't matter.
want to do some underwater photography I will help if I can. I'm a dive Junky. Cold or hot.
I spear fish, night dive, deep dive. I do it all. Contact me.
http://flickr.com/photos/8680102@N04/
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Re: How come we can't access the tech forum?

Post by John Rawlings »

user control panel > usergroups tab. select the tech diving opt-in and submit.
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Thank you. I didn't know. Thank you again John.
Want to go dive in Oregon. I can help. Biginner or experienced it doesn't matter.
want to do some underwater photography I will help if I can. I'm a dive Junky. Cold or hot.
I spear fish, night dive, deep dive. I do it all. Contact me.
http://flickr.com/photos/8680102@N04/
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Glad to be of service! :bounce: Enjoy the tech forum!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Someone should make a sticky describing the various "hidden" opt-in selections and how to get to them :)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

CaptnJack wrote:Someone should make a sticky describing the various "hidden" opt-in selections and how to get to them :)
do we even need to opt-in? if people aren't interested, don't read it...
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Someone should make a sticky describing the various "hidden" opt-in selections and how to get to them :)
do we even need to opt-in? if people aren't interested, don't read it...
Opting in reinforces that point. This has been done succesfully on other board to prevent people from trolling subjects that are sensitive or controversial- "Hey, buddy, you CHOSE VOLUNTARILY to come in here and read stuff......" like that.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Or, people could read the fine print under "Technical Diving (opt-in):
This forum is for divers who wish to venture beyond the recreational limits of diving. Please gain access joining the "Tech Diving Opt-In" group via your User Control Panel.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I was under the impression that you can't see the opt-in forums unless you've opted in. You can see the parent "technical" even if you have not opted-into the sub-sections?
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

CaptnJack wrote:I was under the impression that you can't see the opt-in forums unless you've opted in. You can see the parent "technical" even if you have not opted-into the sub-sections?
I could, yes.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

CaptnJack wrote:I was under the impression that you can't see the opt-in forums unless you've opted in. You can see the parent "technical" even if you have not opted-into the sub-sections?
if you haven't opted-in you can see the forum and subforum, but can't access the posts/threads within them.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Ahh got it. Tcehnologi not my forte