Dive computer stolen at Edmonds

General banter about diving and why we love it.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Dive computer stolen at Edmonds

Post by LCF »

Today, I noticed a ScubaBoard thread from a guy who had a Uwatec Smart Z stolen at Edmonds this last weekend.

Just thought I would post this here, in case someone on the NWDC was approached to buy such a computer, or would see one on Craig's list or anywhere else.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Dive computer stolen at Edmonds

Post by Nwbrewer »

It's also a good reminder to have somebody watch your gear, even when you're just going to run to the restroom for a moment.

I hate thieves. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
oregondiver
Submariner

Re: Dive computer stolen at Edmonds

Post by oregondiver »

We have had kayaks stolen from our group. Someone came up with the following info for searching craigslist, which works really well...

Maybe you could give the info to the other diver?

Copy and paste this text into google and you'll be able to search Craigslist
anywhere in the country: Uwatec +dive +computer +"Avoid scams and fraud by dealing
locally!"

You can even set this up automatically if you set up an alert from google:
Google Alerts. They may sell it somewhere else, but at least you can keep an eye
out on the most common free classifieds.

Goood luck. Maybe they would leave out Uwatec if that might be too specific?

This also works if you are searching for a certain kind of gear to add to your collection. =D>
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924