50 Dives in 90 Days Challenge

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: 50 Dives in 90 Days Challenge

Post by Tom Nic »

BASSMAN wrote:Dive # 100 was my favorite Mile marker dive. I think it will be allot like # 1000!

Go for it Scott! Make a cool underwater sign! :supz:
Wow... been a long time - Feb 2007 - fun times!

More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

great pics! if things work out, i'll be hitting the 100 mark on our trip to baja in november. i hope to have some fun pics from that to share!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Hey! Who's the fat guy holding up my sign? Oh, that's me!
#-o
I still have that sign hanging on my garage wall! :supz:

It is actually made out of aircraft aluminum sheetmetal with a piece of paper,glued and clear coated to waterproof it.

It worked well for the one dive!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I am confused why a tech diver would boast and brag on a blog about having fun and recreational diving.. ? As for diving and meeting a goal it looks and sounds like a fun time pinky.. As for diapers changing I have 5 kids and have been there done that
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

Oh drats! Surely us lowly Portlandareaites can count our DRIVING time to actually GET to dive as a dive, right? :)

Since it takes us three hours to get up to your neck of the woods to do the dive, I say count that as one dive. So...let's see...drive up, one dive. Do two real dives, drive back - one dive. That amounts to FOUR dives! WOO HOO! I'm gonna win!!

(j/k) - Great idea Amy - you'll always have folks who will stretch the rules to suit them. Shame on them. The spirit of the challenge is to do 50 REAL DIVES - soaking in the experience and the critters and the beauty - and if you're not a current avid diver, you will be! And hey, if you win that free boat dive after all is said and done, great!

I remember hearing about a local diver who needed X number of dives before he could get his DM rating. He went to a local lake and did a series of 20 min jaunts to the bottom, surfacing in between, counting each as a 'dive'.

Only cheated himself. I don't know if he's even diving anymore.

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Off topic, but.... Georgia - I love the new doubles!
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Results so far...

We have 16 people signed up for the challenge and we already have 1 guy that has 10 dives! Most people have 1-3 logged so far, and we are hoping more people sign up this weekend.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Calvin Tang wrote:Off topic, but.... Georgia - I love the new doubles!
They are so cool! I'm really loving them despite the added weights on my knees. I've done about 10-15 dives since I got them and will be coming up next week for 3 days to do several more. I'm thinking about twinning a couple of my singles now, too. We head to Florida for cave diving in 16 days! Woohoo!
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option