Anyone dive the coves today, Saturday 11/15?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Anyone dive the coves today, Saturday 11/15?

Post by Joshua Smith »

We're supposed to be doing a deep dive we've had planned for a long time in Elliot bay tomorrow- but vis looks awfull, from what I've been hearing- I'd rather not do the dive- heck, I'd rather not get on the boat- if vis is as bad as I've been hearing. Any info appreciated.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Re: Anyone dive the coves today, Saturday 11/15?

Post by Jabberjaw »

The rumors are true. Bob and I did a 12 minute dive in Cove III today. From the surface to 20' the vis was six inches, from 20' to 30' maybe a murky two feet. At 40' it was a whopping three feet. It truely suck. Bob and his students went and dove tree tree, I haven't heard about the vis there. I would call in sick tomorrow. Good Luck :vom:
Got Water?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Cool- thanks. I talked to Bob shortly after I posted this- but I found out that we'll be diving further away from that area- towards Magnolia, and vis is supposedly much more palatable over there- we shall see.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

what is it you guys are going to see on your deep dive?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:what is it you guys are going to see on your deep dive?
A shipwreck nobody seems to know very much about- I'll post a report tomorrow.

(But if I hit 100' on the descent, and it still looks like I'm diving in chocolate milk with twigs and leaves in it, I'm turning around and heading back up.)

Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

gonna miss you in the lake tommorow, vis today was rumored to be great :supz:
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Well, we struck out today- 0-3. Failed to find our first target after looking for 3 hours- and by the time we scrubbed it, and went for the secondary, and then located it, plus sent our trusty safety diver down to see if the top layer of crap vis was any better down deep- we had spent the whole day out there, and decided to bag it- a whole day spent in Elliot Bay in the fog, watching the space needle and the tops of the skyscrapers poke out now and then....I wouldn't say it was a complete waste of time, because we had a lot of fun on the boat, giving eachother flack, and just having a good time......but we all wished that we could have gone for a dive- many thanks to Maverick, who actually got in the water twice, today- in his new kick-ass drysuit! :supz:

We'll see you all in a couple of weeks, for the next one!

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Man, that sucks. Mav - post some pics of the new suit! Is it orange?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Calvin Tang wrote:Man, that sucks. Mav - post some pics of the new suit! Is it orange?
Oh, that's a purdy new suit- it's a red DUI.

Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Yeah its a nice new Custom CF200x sig series, with a scooter wear patch, kevlar knee pads, two pockets in the right spot ( ](*,) ), one has a knife sheath on it, and turbo soles. Its Pretty Effing nice. :smt035 \:D/ :bounce: :supz: :smt119
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.