KISS Classic Parts (free)

General banter about diving and why we love it.
camerone
Submariner

KISS Classic Parts (free)

Post by camerone »

Hey -

I recently did a little project with John Routley (Narked @ 90) in the UK, and, in addition to what I wanted, he sent me a couple of nifty bits for the KISS classic rebreather as a "thanks" for my patience with the process. Since the parts I had machined were for a KISS BOV, for some reason he tossed the wrong parts in my envelope, knowing that I had a franken-Evo and a franken-Drager set of units. In any case, since it was a freebie "Thank you," he didn't really want/need them back.

This kit was designed to cap off the scrubber between dive weeks to stop your sorb from drying out and keep it in good condition. Also in the kit is a sorb deflector, that slips over the center tube and stops sorb getting in to the wrong places whilst filling the unit. The final part of the kit is a thumb wheel the is used to keep the scrubber cap in place.

http://narkedat90.co.uk/42.html

Since no one I know dives a KISS classic - my Jetsam buddies dive Sport units - I thought I'd put them up here for someone who might use them. I'll sell 'em to you for what I got them for, which is "free." They're pretty useful bits, if you ask me, and I kind of wish I had the Evo version of them, instead.

In return, I ask for only three things
  • You pick up, either downtown during the week - my office is next to Qwest Field, or over in Bellevue/Redmond, not far from Borg World Headquarters :evil4:
  • You put the parts to good use (as in, if you have a KISS Classic or are buying one, I'm cool with this... if not, please let someone who has one use them for good.)
  • A triple grande soy latte would be nice, but is optional :occasion5: I'm always caffeine deprived...
So, let me know if you've got a unit and would like the bits... I'd prefer it goes to a good home than sits in the dive-scraps bin with the multitude of bolt snaps, hoses, etc, that are idling in the garage.
There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots...
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Re: KISS Classic Parts (free)

Post by John Rawlings »

PM Sent. Woot!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

I had to go to lunch and miss this!

Oh and being 1000 miles away doesn't help either!
Dave Mitchell
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

=D>

Got to love our dive club
camerone
Submariner

Post by camerone »

Gone to John. Man, you gotta be fast on the trigger around here!

If you'd have been quicker, I'd have mailed them to you, Dave... given the circumstances :)
There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots...
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

I buy you a latte' someday anyway!
Dave Mitchell
camerone
Submariner

Post by camerone »

Dmitchell wrote:I buy you a latte' someday anyway!
Careful! That kind of behavior turns people into my friends... and that's a very dangerous position to be in.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

camerone wrote:Gone to John. Man, you gotta be fast on the trigger around here!

If you'd have been quicker, I'd have mailed them to you, Dave... given the circumstances :)
The old man's still pretty fast on the draw- especially when the word "free" is involved!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Well, after both of us being "snowed out" for a week, I was finally able to link up with Camerone yesterday at his work in Seattle and "exchange hostages", (a double tall soy latte for the KISS parts).

Offering these parts free to anyone that would put them to use was a very kind and generous thing to do, and I very much appreciate it! =D>

Camerone, it was great meeting up with you again - maybe next time the "call of business" won't get in the way and we'll be able to spend some time chatting.

Thanks again!

John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

camerone
Submariner

Post by camerone »

John Rawlings wrote: Camerone, it was great meeting up with you again - maybe next time the "call of business" won't get in the way and we'll be able to spend some time chatting.
My pleasure. I'm glad to see them in a good home... and I'm sorry about the pager firing off. It's been quiet as a mouse for weeks around here, and yet the one time I have company, the dang thing fires off three times in rapid succession. Oh, well...

Thanks for the copy of ADM... some really nice photos of some of my favorite dive spots up by Port Hardy!

-C
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

John Rawlings wrote:(a double tall soy latte for the KISS).

John

What going on here?
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Maverick wrote:
John Rawlings wrote:(a double tall soy latte for the KISS).

John

What going on here?
Leave it to someone from WSU to get confused while "attempting" to read.....#-o

You see, Mav, there are these things called "words" that when placed together form something called "sentences". I know that it's sometimes difficult for a Coug to understand, but it's really, really important not to leave words out of sentences because you will probably change the entire meaning of it. :evil4:

- John