POP Quiz!

General banter about diving and why we love it.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Re: POP Quiz!

Post by scottsax »

spatman wrote:
scottsax wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:Stonewashed Chicken Donut.
Um, did Josh quietly have a stroke and no one noticed? :dontknow:
why, does something seem abnormal?
Well, I like non sequiturs as much as the next guy, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my noodle around "Stonewashed Chicken Donut."

Maybe I'm the one that had the stroke...
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

scottsax wrote:
spatman wrote:
scottsax wrote:
Well, I like non sequiturs as much as the next guy, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my noodle around "Stonewashed Chicken Donut."

seems like normal josh discourse to me... :dontknow:
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

spatman wrote:
scottsax wrote:
spatman wrote:
scottsax wrote:

seems like normal josh discourse to me... :dontknow:
Well...OK, then...I'll, uh, just get back to work now...

:pale:
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Pez7378 wrote:You and your buddy find yourselves stranded in the middle of the ocean. :crybaby: You've been there for a few days, so you both ditched all your scuba gear :smt119 . All you have is your exposure suits. You suddenly notice something floating in the water nearby. You swim over to it and discover that it's a plastic sack floating on the surface that contains 4 bottles of beer :occasion5: .(Let's say, since I'm drinking some now that it's REDHOOK ESB) They aren't twist tops, so how will you get them open so that you can drink 'em? :dontknow: (You cannot use your teeth.) [-X

Although there may be many ways to get these beers open, there is only one answer that I will accept.
I remove the bolt from the end of my p-valve and use it to pry the beer bottles open ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Look, they knew what they were getting into. Let 'em burn. It's a free country. I've paid more and gotten less for it.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

He was some kind of high-powered mutant never intended for mass production. Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

scottsax wrote:He was some kind of high-powered mutant never intended for mass production. Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Yes, of course. Everyone knows why those rocks taste funny. I, for one, will never bake another quiche for them. Drugs don't shoot people- people on drugs shoot people to get more drugs. Oldest story in the book.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Josh Smith wrote:You just have to be sure and scrape all the old, loose stuff off before you recoat; otherwise you won't get a decent bond. My grandpa liked to use chemical strippers, but I prefer to do it by hand.
Josh Smith wrote:Jamnit, Dim!

I'm a dimple sountry coctor!
Josh Smith wrote:Stonewashed Chicken Donut.
Josh Smith wrote:I like tacos!
Josh Smith wrote:Yes, of course. Everyone knows why those rocks taste funny. I, for one, will never bake another quiche for them. Drugs don't shoot people- people on drugs shoot people to get more drugs. Oldest story in the book.
Josh Smith suffers from a little known affliction called Interettes. As you have noticed, without warning, Josh could type just about anything. It's not really so much of a mental disorder as an inability to control the connections between his mind, and his finger tips. While talking to Josh, you would never recognize his illness......unless he's been drinking......no wait, different illness...... sorry.

Interettes, there is no cure, the best course of action for problem sufferers is to keep them away from the keyboard, or cut off their fingers.

Internet Tourettes= Inter-ettes.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Joshua Smith wrote:
scottsax wrote:He was some kind of high-powered mutant never intended for mass production. Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Yes, of course. Everyone knows why those rocks taste funny. I, for one, will never bake another quiche for them. Drugs don't shoot people- people on drugs shoot people to get more drugs. Oldest story in the book.
Everyone knows the first rule in Vegas is "Don't burn the locals." And we had done exactly that. We now found ourselves in a washed-out North Vegas ghetto arguing with a scag baron over the price of a hedgehog. I swear that's the last time I drink Rumpleminze with amyl chasers.

Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

AIPA Announcement!

Breaking news, the American Internet PSYCHO logical Association recently discovered that INTERETTES is highly contagious! :smt119
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

A retained cap kidnaps the journalist.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

scottsax wrote:Everyone knows the first rule in Vegas is "Don't burn the locals." And we had done exactly that. We now found ourselves in a washed-out North Vegas ghetto arguing with a scag baron over the price of a hedgehog. I swear that's the last time I drink Rumpleminze with amyl chasers.

I still think we could have gotten more for that hedgehog. You can't touch one for less than 250 off the strip.

scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Joshua Smith wrote:I still think we could have gotten more for that hedgehog. You can't touch one for less than 250 off the strip.
That may be, but I was glad to unload him. Hopefully, he gave Savage Henry as many problems as he gave me. I can't abide troublesome hedgehogs.

cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

scottsax wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:I still think we could have gotten more for that hedgehog. You can't touch one for less than 250 off the strip.
That may be, but I was glad to unload him. Hopefully, he gave Savage Henry as many problems as he gave me. I can't abide troublesome hedgehogs.
This has got to be some strange, comic book hijack........ :book:
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I feel as though I've fallen onto the set of a Monty Python movie ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

seriousdiver_sm.jpg
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

scottsax wrote:
I wanted to use the ether on it. But *somebody* decided that trading the rest of the ether to a couple of wasted strippers for half a breakfast burrito and 5 menthol cigarettes was a better idea. I hope it took a LONG time for those scratches to heal.

Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Joshua Smith wrote:
scottsax wrote:
I wanted to use the ether on it. But *somebody* decided that trading the rest of the ether to a couple of wasted strippers for half a breakfast burrito and 5 menthol cigarettes was a better idea. I hope it took a LONG time for those scratches to heal.
You didn't fall for the "half breakfast burrito from the stippers" trick, did you? #-o Oh Josh, not again... ](*,)
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Joshua Smith wrote:I wanted to use the ether on it. But *somebody* decided that trading the rest of the ether to a couple of wasted strippers for half a breakfast burrito and 5 menthol cigarettes was a better idea. I hope it took a LONG time for those scratches to heal.
I had no use for the ether anymore. Besides, the floorboards of the El Dorado were soaked with it. We just had to crank the heat up and breathe the vapors....

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

are you eventually going to paraphrase the whole book in this thread, scott?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:are you eventually going to paraphrase the whole book in this thread, scott?
I mean, like, yeah. One of my favorite authors, but my material is original, man.

Be brave, Scott- reach down deep into the glass panties of your own justice, and ride the burning pony of your own poetry- just OWN those thoughts, like bloody dragonflies, and fling their lifeless bodies at the keyboard- they will probably hit some of the right keys.

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

oh, i know your prose is from the soul josh. that dark, twisted, mescal addled worm of your inner core...

have you ever read any mark leyner?
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I have to quote others-I've stared into that black abyss enough in my lifetime. I've heard the thousand primal screams of aborted nightmares coming at me from all directions, felt the top of my skull split open as every childhood night terror reached around to strangle me, and felt the twist of every knifepoint in the pit of my stomach. HST is for fun. My deep psyche is not.

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

scottsax wrote:I have to quote others-I've stared into that black abyss enough in my lifetime. I've heard the thousand primal screams of aborted nightmares coming at me from all directions, felt the top of my skull split open as every childhood night terror reached around to strangle me, and felt the twist of every knifepoint in the pit of my stomach. HST is for fun. My deep psyche is not.

*Much* better. Keep the deep psyche stuff coming, padawan.

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:oh, i know your prose is from the soul josh. that dark, twisted, mescal addled worm of your inner core...

have you ever read any mark leyner?

No, never heard of him, but thanks for the reference- duly noted.