a little help with navigation and compass work please?!?!?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: a little help with navigation and compass work please?!?!?

Post by spatman »

Joshua Smith wrote: Actually, I'm surprised this pack of die-hard bad pun freaks missed that one. Surprised, and disappointed, really. Geeze, that was hanging out there for hours. I just walked in and shot it like a big fish in a small barrel. Try and stay focused, people. :violent3:
c'mon, josh. we didn't miss it. we just leave the low-hanging fruit for the new forum members. but you had to come along and steal away another opportunity for a less experienced punster to get his lemon wedge card.

so selfish sometimes.
BigFameOne
Compulsive Diver

Re: a little help with navigation and compass work please?!?!?

Post by BigFameOne »

Joshua Smith wrote:
BigFameOne wrote:
spatman wrote:
BigFameOne wrote:thanks again guys, much appreciated. I have decided the best way to learn to navigate without the benefit of clear vision and context markers is to just get out and do it so I am going to black out the windows in my car and drive home using just my compass. In the vent that things go badly I just wanted to warn everyone to beware of the 1999 Mazda 626 with the diver down flag sticker on it. :smt119
judging from some of the other threads on this forum, it seems like a lot of folks up there are practicing their compass skills that way....

true but only I was cordial enough to post a warning. :evil4:

Uh......should I be on the lookout for a Mazda 626 with a sign on top saying:

CAUTION: STUDENT DIVER

?

:partyman: Couldn't resist. Actually, I'm surprised this pack of die-hard bad pun freaks missed that one. Surprised, and disappointed, really. Geeze, that was hanging out there for hours. I just walked in and shot it like a big fish in a small barrel. Try and stay focused, people. :violent3:[/quote]

no no no Joshua. that sign is on my wetsuit.
"Cave is cave. Tech is when you can't get out when you want to."-LCF