Underwater Music?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Underwater Music?

Post by Pez7378 »

This topic comes around once in awhile, but it looks like this company may have it figured out. They also have designs for the ipod mp3 players etc. Not much of a demand for my Samsung Instinct I guess. Do any of you use these when diving? Or something similar?

If I had an iphone, I'd get one of these!

http://www.h2oaudio.com/shop/search.php ... rch&page=1
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Re: Underwater Music?

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I don't really see the point of music while diving. Maybe if i were doing really long deco stops or something like that.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
sunnydude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by sunnydude »

Maybe I will change my mind when I hit double digits in my dives...but I don't think that I need to be distracted by music. Normally I have tunes on wherever I am at: work, play, motorcycle, but not yet ready for tunes now.

I read every once in a while that camera cases flood...wouldn't it suck to have your ipod get flooded too?
Sean
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

Just ordered MP3 Player cases for me and all my buddies a couple weeks ago. We have a source for some much cheaper ones and thought what the heck a little tune age on deco never hurt! These are the same as the one that Mel has.
Dave Mitchell
BigFameOne
Compulsive Diver

Post by BigFameOne »

My OW instructor told me about a rebreather dive he did in Bonaire while listening to Pink Floyd's The Wall. Sounded pretty appealing to me actually. I might select a different artist and album, but the concept sure sounded cool.
"Cave is cave. Tech is when you can't get out when you want to."-LCF
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

BigFameOne wrote:My OW instructor told me about a rebreather dive he did in Bonaire while listening to Pink Floyd's The Wall. Sounded pretty appealing to me actually. I might select a different artist and album, but the concept sure sounded cool.
Listening to Pink Floyd underwater is awesome! 90% of my uw mp3 player is Floyd
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
BigFameOne
Compulsive Diver

Post by BigFameOne »

BDub wrote:
BigFameOne wrote:My OW instructor told me about a rebreather dive he did in Bonaire while listening to Pink Floyd's The Wall. Sounded pretty appealing to me actually. I might select a different artist and album, but the concept sure sounded cool.
Listening to Pink Floyd underwater is awesome! 90% of my uw mp3 player is Floyd
I believe it, I just have decided that Alone in the Darkness by Three Fish should be the official song of UW mp3 players is all.
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

BigFameOne wrote:I believe it, I just have decided that Alone in the Darkness by Three Fish should be the official song of UW mp3 players is all.
I know "Here in the Darkness", but not "Alone...". Is that a typo or am I missing some of their stuff?

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
BigFameOne
Compulsive Diver

Post by BigFameOne »

I'm sure it's the same song, the mp3's I have were only numbered and I had to go and rename them so I am sure I labeled it wrong.

Now that I think about it it is the same song for sure "HERE in the darkness I am aloooooone"
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

BigFameOne wrote:I'm sure it's the same song, the mp3's I have were only numbered and I had to go and rename them so I am sure I labeled it wrong.

Now that I think about it it is the same song for sure "HERE in the darkness I am aloooooone"
Good pick!

BigFameOne
Compulsive Diver

Post by BigFameOne »

BDub wrote:
BigFameOne wrote:I'm sure it's the same song, the mp3's I have were only numbered and I had to go and rename them so I am sure I labeled it wrong.

Good pick!
I am nothing if not a classy dude.

Many would vote for the nothing part of that statement. :dontknow:
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

Underwater MP3 Players are nice. I have had one for a while and enjoy it on the deco.
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

I have an iRiver housing that would probably fit a nano or a shuffle if someone wants to borrow it. I've never used it. You won't be able to control the ipod but it might be fun to try it out.

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog