Last minute shopping--what's the best Scuba gift?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Re: Last minute shopping--what's the best Scuba gift?

Post by pogiguy05 »

Maverick wrote:
pogiguy05 wrote:Now this is just a suggestion but I took a 96 gallon garbage can and got an outdoor faucet and some rings(just like O rings) from the repair section of Lowes. I drilled a hole the same size as the faucet and put the O rings on each side and tightened down the plactic nut and there you have a large rinse container that you can also starp down in the back of a truck bed. I use it on those long hauls. I keep telling myself to just turn the faucet upside down and get one of those water bed adapters so that i can fill it with hot water. Then add a small hose and you can have about 96 gallons of water to warm up or rinse gear.

are you sure you don't mean a 36gal. I use a 55gal and it's huge
you read that correct 96 gallon large garbage can with wheels. I ratchet strap that in when I take it.I just put my gear in there and drive home and then empty it out and hang things up. I use a 5 gallon bucket for the small things like weights, mask,computer, etc. however I forgot to empty the water and opened my garage a few days ago to find my weights under a sheet of ice in the bucket. :evil4:
Jeff Castor