NW Dive Club Winter Hood Canal trip, Dec 8-10

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

cera;
we could find a spot for you eather way if worse comes to worse ill crash out on the floor some place and you and Molie and share lodegeing

nice Diver you beter give me a cal BRO
EL Dive Cassia is on the right when you see the Rest A while RV park make a RIGHT turn in the lot and you will be beside EL Dive Cassia

the dive shop was in the same place as EL Dive Cassia but the moved in to Town you will pas them on your way

but El dive Cassia is just after the Sund Rock Dive Site on the Right
but if any one else has a question my home # is
( 503)861-2611 im usaly home from work any time after 6:00 pm

and my Cell PH is ( 503) 791-9887

let me know if I can help
See you all there
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Fyi, I am going to stick my turkey into a brine Friday night, then inject it just before sticking it into the fryer.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Brining the bird is the ONLY way to go!

So Mav's providing chili for lunch, we're bringing tamale pie or cornbread to be served with it.

I think someone is bringing plates, bowls, and utensils...right?

Other people are bringing soft drinks and stuffing for dinner.

Mrs. Sounder and I will either bring veggies or another batch of tamale pie (it's really that good) for dinner.

What else do we need for dinner?
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Sounder please bring corn bread and don't change thigns last minute it is not good for planning. Plus tamale pie does not go with chilli, no matter how good it is. plus no one wants to eat the same thing twice in a day. Stick to the plan man. Thank you and see you friday.
:salute:

Sparkster how goes it? Need a hand? I took care of Sounder and bailing on corn bread. Sounder is trying to make us all have heart burn at 60 fsw :angryfire:

Who's bringing TUMS?
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

"took care of me?"
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

I love that divers are willing to fight over food!!! You guys are great... I still am in the air as far as when/if I am coming.. My freaking drysuit won't be done!!! GRRRRRR! I may just come up for saturday or something.... I appreciate the offer for the bed.. I am more than capable of sleeping on the floor if it comes to that, especially since I am being so flaky on committing!!! I am so excited still though!!! I don't want to volunteer to bring anything yet because of the situation, but if I come I will bring some snacks for between dives or something.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
BbbleMkr
Aquaphile

Post by BbbleMkr »

For utensils, plates, bowls and (maybe) napkins we should just do the Girl Scout thing and everyone should bring their own. That way, they are responsible for bringing and tossing/rinsing them and no-one else has to guess at what's going to be needed and spend the money.

Sparky, did you call him "Assman" on purpose, or did you just drop the "B"? It's pretty funny whichever way you answer. :bootyshake:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Works for me!
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

There is definitiely a spot open at the Casa. I have to wuss out on this one. The multiple diving in a wet suit just isn't going to work for me. Plus I have family coming in for Christmas, and I could use the time to take care of a few things. Sparky, I'll miss seeing you. Give my bag to Rich (Diver_C) if you would.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Sounder I meant i posted to yolu to bring corn bread and not tamales. Otherwise I have to make corn bread and i have 40 quarts of chilli to make. alot of freakin' chilli. But it is good stuff man. and it needs corn bread. Are you and the misses able to do the corn bread thing?
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Sounder ! you promised me corn bread

I mean it if you show up with out corn bread ill do such horabule things to you.

Dam how many time in one day do I have to threaten your life?

Can you imagine

your world famous corn bread
meets mav's chili

which by the way is quite posabuly the best chili in the hole known univers

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

thanks for backing me Sparky, anyone else back Sparky and I!!

WE WANT CORN BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maverick

STAIRS.
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

no comment on the tamale/corn bread battle...

is there anyone willing to bring some shredded lettuce, grated cheese, and sour cream for the chili? If no volunteers then i will just bring what i can but no promises that everyone with get to taste the chili in full swing!!

Im really excited to put some faces to avatars!!! See you guys in a few short days!!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Here's this weekend's weather forecast, not terrific, but could be worse (at least it won't be below freezing at night).
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Calvin - you found yet another picture of my mother-in-law! How DO you do it?! :prayer:

Cornbread v. Tamale Pie - If the troops want cornbread, then cornbread it shall be (love me some cornbread!). :salute:

I think I may scrap the whole tempura-veggies thing (which I'm finding out is a bit more complicated than I'd thought) and bring tamale pie for dinner instead... it'll go well with fried turkey. Tamale pie is hard to explain but it's not "tamales." Growing up in Southern AZ and spending every weekend in Mexico, I'm quite familiar with Sonoran-style tamales. Tamale pie on the other hand is more of a southwestern-style side dish traditionally served with steak or ribs. When the one steak-house that kind of invented it released their recipie, it was the most requested and is now the most downloaded of any recipie the Tucson newspaper has ever had.

It's good sh*t. I'll bring a tray for dinner.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Cuppie,

I'll bring shredded lettuce, grated cheese and sour cream since I had to bail out on the Turkey.

Keith (assman)
:laughing3:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Thanks Assman! :bootyshake:
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Thanks assman.

Now we're talking Sounder. That sounds like it will go great with the turkey.
Maverick

STAIRS.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Ahem!

Okay Now! [-X

It's BASSMAN!
:smt035
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder wrote:Cornbread v. Tamale Pie - If the troops want cornbread, then cornbread it shall be (love me some cornbread!). :salute:

It's good sh*t. I'll bring a tray for dinner.
This "troop wants both! \:D/ I LOVE cornbread! And ANYTHING with the name Tamale in it sounds good to this guy! :supz: I'm there for ya Sounder!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder wrote:Thanks Assman! :bootyshake:
:laughing3:

This is too funny... I can't pick on my buddy now, can I?!?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

YOu could If you want. :la:
Maverick

STAIRS.
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Lol. I was wondering what the story was behind Keith starting to refer to himself as Assman. Lol. Evidently, this was just a mistake? #-o Maybe he just likes that emoticon :bootyshake: Lol. Soundgarden's "Spoonman" could be his new theme song with just a few lyrics changed...
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I think Assman has a great ring to it. :bootyshake: After Mav's chili, we may all be assMEN! #-o
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

BbleMkr pointed out to me Sparky started the Assman-thing. Term of endearment?