Diving this week on evenings and this weekend!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
richolionheart
Frequent Bubbler

Diving this week on evenings and this weekend!

Post by richolionheart »

Hey guys!

The last few dives were great and it was very nice to meet you all!

I'm available after 6h00pm wednesday the 18th and all day saturday and sunday the 21th and the 22th.

Join in for dives around Bellevue. I only tried the muk and cove 2 so any site not too far is welcome!

Calvin, i knew there was scuba equipment under you last name. I was cleaning my diving knife... and i noticed it's a BlueTang!

See ya!

Richo
Richolionheart,
I'm moving out on november 23rd! Contact me for as many dives as possible before that!
enigmatic
Avid Diver

Post by enigmatic »

I'd totally be down for a Sunday morning Dive. Any sites in the area that you're dying to try? I do want to try Cove 2 - and/or any other sites in the general Seattle area. :bounce:
richolionheart
Frequent Bubbler

Post by richolionheart »

I don't mind. I am doing cove 2 this evening for the second time but i wouldnt mind re-diving it again. (Unless i really don't like it today)

Choose a site not too far. There is also edmonds and muk. I would probably try Edmonds if we choose between those 2; Never wen't there.
Richolionheart,
I'm moving out on november 23rd! Contact me for as many dives as possible before that!
enigmatic
Avid Diver

Post by enigmatic »

I've done Muk a few times. I wouldn't mind doing it again... but it seems really, really busy in the morning hours. Edmunds is a possibility, I haven't dived that yet either.
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I'd be up for this weekend. I haven't been in the water in a month.
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

i'd be up for some saturday diving - edmonds or junkyard or even something more "adventurous" like three tree or les davis ... 2 tanks?
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

I'd be up for two tanks somewhere. Not all that keen on Edmonds, but wherever is fine with me. I just need to know where and when I need to be. Thank you!

Rich

P.S. Sarg P. - it's about time you get wet.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: Diving this week on evenings and this weekend!

Post by Tangfish »

richolionheart wrote:Calvin, i knew there was scuba equipment under you last name. I was cleaning my diving knife... and i noticed it's a BlueTang!

See ya!

Richo
Yep, a tang fish is a very common reef fish. Here's a classic example:

and a blue tang

Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

actually all surgeon fish are refered to as tangs, most are omnivors and are essensial in the reef environment to control algea growth. this must be why Calvin is like a fishin the water he is essensial to the environment,
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
richolionheart
Frequent Bubbler

Post by richolionheart »

Let's choose a location. Something around 100 feet max with most time spent at 50 or 60 feet. (Similar to Cove 2)

What time would be good? I would probably rent another tank for 2 dives with a break between the two.

When you say 2 tanks, do you mean both in one dive or for two dives?
I never dove with two tanks in one dive and i don't have the right equipment for it. ( I think)

I will probably dive saturday and sunday. Sunday at cove 2 seems good. Is that ok with you Enigmatic?

Saturday we could do any site... I liked the adventurous comment so Three tree or Les Davis seem good.

Where is Three tree located? And Les Davis?

Hopefully it will be sunny (I'm not used to the rain yet !!)
Richolionheart,
gcbryan
Submariner

Post by gcbryan »

richolionheart wrote:Let's choose a location. Something around 100 feet max with most time spent at 50 or 60 feet. (Similar to Cove 2)

What time would be good? I would probably rent another tank for 2 dives with a break between the two.

When you say 2 tanks, do you mean both in one dive or for two dives?
I never dove with two tanks in one dive and i don't have the right equipment for it. ( I think)

I will probably dive saturday and sunday. Sunday at cove 2 seems good. Is that ok with you Enigmatic?

Saturday we could do any site... I liked the adventurous comment so Three tree or Les Davis seem good.

Where is Three tree located? And Les Davis?

Hopefully it will be sunny (I'm not used to the rain yet !!)
Two tanks just means that someone wants to do two dives. Three Tree is in Burien and Les Davis is in Tacoma.
richolionheart
Frequent Bubbler

Post by richolionheart »

So let's do saturday in Three Tree with two tanks?
Richolionheart,
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

three tree sounds good! :supz:
my FLICKR photo sets
richolionheart
Frequent Bubbler

Post by richolionheart »

What time? around 10 AM?

Can one of you send me the exact location?
Richolionheart,
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

richolionheart wrote:What time? around 10 AM?

Can one of you send me the exact location?
here you go!
richolionheart
Frequent Bubbler

Post by richolionheart »

Thanks Calvin!

Do you see any directions to get there on the page you posted? It's a very informative page but I cannot find the driections or a map to get there.
Richolionheart,
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

yeah; one tank at a time - just mean two dives. :-) definitely under 100 ft!

10am will probably work. ask me again tomorrow. ;-)

we got a big group going? hopefully enough people to pair up with well? i'd prefer to stick to a pair for once; been doing a bunch of 3-people dives lately and would prefer to do pairs (or two pairs) for safety's sake.
my FLICKR photo sets
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

The directions are at the bottom:
If you want to dive here, remember that Three Tree Point is located just west of Burien. It is a bit tricky to find the public access, so I would recommend finding it on a map rather than going by my directions (which I am reciting from memory). Anyway, here it goes: From I-5 or I-405, you need to follow highway 518 to the west. Go past the airport. After you get to Burien (where the freeway ends), continue straight through the lights. You will now be on 148th. Follow 148th until you come to Ambaum. Take a left at the light on Ambaum (now heading south) for a few blocks, then turn right at the light on 152 (now heading west). Follow 152nd for about a mile, then take a left on 21st. This road will curve all over the place, so pay attention. Follow 21st and it will eventually turn into Marine View Drive, which will then turn into SW 170th, then 33rd Ave SW, and finally Maplewild Drive after a big hairpin turn. Maplewild Drive was damaged in the recent earthquake, so you can only go one-way (southwest) where Maplewild and 33rd meet. About a half mile down Maplewild, you will see a small store on your right. Immediately after this store is 170th, where you want to turn right. If you go around the point, you have missed the turn-off. Once you turn onto 170th, go straight for a very short distance until you hit the beach access. The access is a dirt road, about 110 feet wide. Remember, there is only a small parking area here and it is not well marked. The parking area is paved and by a personal residence.
richolionheart
Frequent Bubbler

Post by richolionheart »

Oups.. Thanks!! Are you thinking of coming this weekend?
Richolionheart,
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

richolionheart wrote:Thanks Calvin!

Do you see any directions to get there on the page you posted? It's a very informative page but I cannot find the driections or a map to get there.
THIS SITE has directions ... i've never been, but shouldn't be too difficult. i think there's another site with GPS coordinates ...
my FLICKR photo sets
richolionheart
Frequent Bubbler

Post by richolionheart »

Is that it?
Richolionheart,
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Just a heads up. Three Tree Point has very limited parking, something on the order of 3 spaces. Enigmatic, Richolionheart, Rich C is 3, and I would like to go (4). There may be 4 spaces at 3 tree, but no more, and like I said, I think it's 3. Let me know what you all think, Sunday morning at Cove 2 is good for me.
richolionheart
Frequent Bubbler

Post by richolionheart »

And you forget thelawgoddess.

I can pick up someone around Bellevue (or get picked up). I have an SUV(like almost everyone on this site!) so i can even pick up 2-3 persons.

Richo
Richolionheart,
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Sergeant Pepper wrote:Just a heads up. Three Tree Point has very limited parking, something on the order of 3 spaces. Enigmatic, Richolionheart, Rich C is 3, and I would like to go (4). There may be 4 spaces at 3 tree, but no more, and like I said, I think it's 3. Let me know what you all think, Sunday morning at Cove 2 is good for me.
It's OK to park up against the hedge near the parking area, too. Maybe another 5 spots there.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Sorry about that lawgoddess, I am now officially a jackass. #-o I guess maybe I have seen you post so much and never actually seen you that I almost think you don't really exist. Likewise I'm sure :smt065