Club Dive????

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
ketralis
Aquaphile

Club Dive????

Post by ketralis »

So, someone's probably already asked, but when's the next club dive? Is there one planned right now? Or maybe in the works?
I'd love to get everyone together for a june or july dive, but I'm not really sure the rules on organizing a club dive?

It was just a thought, the last one was so much fun, I'd really like to do it again.
-Kevin
Divers have to be safe when they go under the water. Divers can't go down alone, so they have to go down on each other. (Becky, age 8)
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Re: Club Dive????

Post by mz53480 »

You back already? Thought you were out listening to whales again....
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

ketralis wrote:So, someone's probably already asked, but when's the next club dive? Is there one planned right now? Or maybe in the works?
I'd love to get everyone together for a june or july dive, but I'm not really sure the rules on organizing a club dive?

It was just a thought, the last one was so much fun, I'd really like to do it again.
-Kevin

There's no "rule" about who gets to organize a club dive, but so far, Penopolypants has been our most successful Cruise Director. She is sublime in her motivation and organization skillz.

BUT, actually, MZ's been DYING to take over and he called me the other day to say that he'd like to spearhead this.
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I think we should organize another Saltwater State Park club dive ... the reef's gotta be getting some life on it by now, and the facilities are perfect for a large group.

Sometime in July, perhaps?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

The sooner, the better. We wouldn't be adverse to a club dive just about every month.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Jenbowes wrote:...BUT, actually, MZ's been DYING to take over and he called me the other day to say that he'd like to spearhead this.
:enforcer:
I must've dialed the wrong number...unless Jen is answering the hotline for scubadivers anonymous now....
AND, while were at it.....
YOU (JenB) are supposed to adhere to our previous terms of communications (found HERE)
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Hmm....the only time there isn't a big exchange on a weekend in June or July are the weekends of June 5/6 and July 31/August 1. I'm out of town on the 31st and booked on June 5th. Possibly booked on June 6th.

I was hoping to plan a mid-June club dive at Ye Old 'Dond, or Sund Rock, but if y'all want to take the reins and plan a Saltwater SP dive on one those weekends above, feel free to commandeer the cruise director hat. :)
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Penopolypants wrote:...but if y'all want to take the reins...
I think JenB just volunteered....
Check out the VIDEOS!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Salt Water Park is fine, but if the currents etc. are contrary, I'd vote for Sund Rock.
Dave

--
Winter
Dive-aholic

Post by Winter »

I'd be down for some kinda campout club dive. :partyman: I work weekends til the afternoon, so my weekends don't start until 1500 Sundays. :angry:
http://www.winterdiverart.com/
Be not the slave of your own past ... plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
ketralis
Aquaphile

Post by ketralis »

mz53480 wrote:You back already? Thought you were out listening to whales again....
Ha...Ha... :penelope:
But seriously, I think a July dive would be great, Sund Rock could be really fun, but at the same time there is a lot of sediment there that's easily stirred and with that many divers... Egad, could be a disaster. I agree that Saltwater was a good spot for something like that, great facilities there. But I really think that we should get one planned, I know a few people that really want to do something like that (non-NWDC) not to mention it was an absolute blast.
Besides, I'll bring beer
-Kevin
Divers have to be safe when they go under the water. Divers can't go down alone, so they have to go down on each other. (Becky, age 8)
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

ketralis wrote:...Besides, I'll bring beer...
I'M IN!!!!!
Check out the VIDEOS!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Just to help with planning, another club is having a club dive at Salt Water on June 6 at 11 AM. Don't know if that's relevant to this or not, but too much info is better than not enough.
Dave

--
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

dwashbur wrote:Just to help with planning, another club is having a club dive at Salt Water on June 6 at 11 AM. Don't know if that's relevant to this or not, but too much info is better than not enough.
Lol I remember our Saltwater State Park club dive - there were like three other clubs doing club dives but we drowned them all out in a sea of blue and green NWDC T shirts. Finally they just gave up and got assimilated into our BBQ.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
ketralis
Aquaphile

Post by ketralis »

I'm definitely gonna have to vote against June 6th, but mostly cause I'll be out of town, lol.
-Kevin