HOG regulators

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
TCWestby
Submariner

Re: HOG regulators

Post by TCWestby »

I got a set and so far like them I had, still have, my Aqualung but at 100' they were too hard to breathe. I got the Hog in an attempt to get rid of this issue but so fat I fing them even easier to breathe in shallower water too.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

TCWestby wrote:I got a set and so far like them I had, still have, my Aqualung but at 100' they were too hard to breathe. I got the Hog in an attempt to get rid of this issue but so fat I fing them even easier to breathe in shallower water too.
If you have an AL reg that's hard to breathe at 100' you need to have it serviced.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Dive Right In Scuba
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Dive Right In Scuba »

kdupreez wrote:I can personally vouch for the DRIS guys, phenomenal crew and go out of their way you help you out... great customer service from the dealer AND manufacturer.. what more can you ask for!!

Welcome to NWDC and its nice to see you on the board guys!!

btw - is this Rich or Mike from DRIS posting?

cheers!!

Koos

Mike :penelope: Rich for touching the keyboard

:supz:
cerich
Just Settling In

Post by cerich »

Nwbrewer wrote:
TCWestby wrote:I got a set and so far like them I had, still have, my Aqualung but at 100' they were too hard to breathe. I got the Hog in an attempt to get rid of this issue but so fat I fing them even easier to breathe in shallower water too.
If you have an AL reg that's hard to breathe at 100' you need to have it serviced.
I agree.
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Don't call anyone a wussy WW Diver if you are diving a dry suit, I'm a 1/2 wuss since only my winter dives are dry.... :penelope:
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Dive Right In Scuba wrote:LOL>...damn, were did this awesome board come from?? Two posts and I'm hooked!!!

Look at Cerichs Avatar...that was ice diving with me. :) Damn near had to throw him in.....his warm water, old Canadian self, didn't want to do it ;) Then he had a failure out of the Hollis reg I made him dive with :partyman:
We keep it lite, and most of us actually know each other in person. You should join us on our next club dive. Chicago-Seattle can't be too bad $$ and time wise. Stay a few days and I'm sure we can find you a buddy and tanks/gas for the duration. Oh and Cerich this goes for you too :)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

CaptnJack wrote:
Dive Right In Scuba wrote:LOL>...damn, were did this awesome board come from?? Two posts and I'm hooked!!!

Look at Cerichs Avatar...that was ice diving with me. :) Damn near had to throw him in.....his warm water, old Canadian self, didn't want to do it ;) Then he had a failure out of the Hollis reg I made him dive with :partyman:
We keep it lite, and most of us actually know each other in person. You should join us on our next club dive. Chicago-Seattle can't be too bad $$ and time wise. Stay a few days and I'm sure we can find you a buddy and tanks/gas for the duration. Oh and Cerich this goes for you too :)
You and Cerich should come to MMM and set a new long distance attendee record! as far as I know the current record is someone who came up from Portland. We could even have an offical "HOGathon" MMM. :supz:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

It does confuse me when someone is willing to drive 4 hours past some great dive sites to dive the T-dock.... Flying in would be a new one...
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Just goes to show you, as Joe Talavera taught us, that a significant and important part of diving is social . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Nwbrewer wrote:It does confuse me when someone is willing to drive 4 hours past some great dive sites to dive the T-dock.... Flying in would be a new one...
what confuses me is why we keep doing it almost every week :nutty:

it makes me think we're like the two old guys on the muppet show in the balcony that always knock the show, but for some crazy reason they keep showing up week after week...

but like Lynn says, part of it has to be :partyman: :taco: ahem, social. Speaking of which, where's Fishstiq anyway?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Paulicarp wrote: what confuses me is why we keep doing it almost every week :nutty:

it makes me think we're like the two old guys on the muppet show in the balcony that always knock the show, but for some crazy reason they keep showing up week after week...

but like Lynn says, part of it has to be :partyman: :taco: ahem, social. Speaking of which, where's Fishstiq anyway?
We are definitely two old guys on the muppets.

Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Who's Statler and who's Waldorf?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14njUwJUg1I
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy