Viz Reports Thread

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Re: Viz Reports Thread

Post by WylerBear »

jeffgerritsen wrote: Note, PT Whitney is now posted, you'll need a vehicle use permit or risk a $66 fine.

Permits are included with combo fishing lic, or $14 per year, beginning 4/1 and ending 3/31.
Permits are available at any DFW vendor.

I was annoyed having to drive back to Brinnon to pick up the permit, then drive back and dive. :pirate:
Oh well, I have the permit and it's good until 3/31/12.
That sucks! I only dive there a couple of times a year. Not sure it's worth buying a permit. Bummer.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

Clampocolypse is over!!!!!!! Vis was easily 10-20' tonight (where the seal and Kees wasn't)
Attachments
some pictures defy description...
some pictures defy description...
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

436am? Wow Laura I'm impressed! So Redondo 830 this morning shared the great vis, easily 20 feet shallow and deep. Mid range (40ish fsw) was much less and very hazy. And sunshine, and lots of it, light was off a lot.

Still devoid of life. GPO still under the boat. Couple of big Dungeness and a rockfish.
Tim McClung

22nd Annual Scott Firefighter Stair Climb, support it: http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/Big ... fr_id=1280
PapaZ
Compulsive Diver

Post by PapaZ »

Sund Rock, April 21, 11 AM & 1 PM:
North and south walls - 10 to 15 foot of viz, sunshine, oatmeal. :stir:
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

Redondo 1830 hrs.....vis hazy 10' on the shallow line. Couple of Ling and a Brown Rockfish at the VW, 10 or 15 smallish dungeness.
Tim McClung

22nd Annual Scott Firefighter Stair Climb, support it: http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/Big ... fr_id=1280
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Thursday 4/21/11 - Les Davis - Low, low low tide 30+ feet
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

Friday 4/22 Newport Oregon Coast: Offshore visibility was 30+ feet and blue skies. Great day of diving, hopefully the video comes out :)
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

Dash Point, GREAT vis, 20+ until all of us Easter egg hunters silted it up! Saw a bunch of squid eggs and some rather large (as in really flipping big) dungeness before vis went to nada.
Tim McClung

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Cove 3 today -- viz was FANTASTIC (until we got there, but they are only OW students). I'd say 25 feet at least. Lots of Tritonia festivas out.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Edmonds today was pretty awful -- maybe 10 feet of murk, big particulates. But the sea lettuce and eelgrass are coming back!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Dive 1 for MMM last night was pretty bad. Less than 6' I'd say. Pauli by some miracle guided us all right into the geodome, but I almost hit it before I saw it. HID/LED's were a very good thing.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Dive 2 for MMM saw 15-20 feet viz under 60fsw
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

sorry..but...MMM? Where is that. :rawlings:
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

fnerg
Dive-aholic

Post by fnerg »

Cove 2 last night, 20-25 at 100 feet, with just about every type of rockfish at the pilings, including vermillion, yellowtail, and puget sound rockfish!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Deception Pass 4/25/11

Post by BASSMAN »

Not great vis,(5 to 110 feet) only because everything was flying by so, super fast! :calvin: Fun! :supz:

Nice to see some good vis reports again!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

Vis at Redondo was 20+ this morning. Both GPO's were there as well as surprise of surprises, a baby wolfie! Bunch of shrimp and crabs and rockfish.
Tim McClung

Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Viz Reports Thread

Post by Scubie Doo »

Where was the baby wolfie located?
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

Living in one of the tires off the deep line
Tim McClung

WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Three Tree 4/27 At least 20'. Still not many critters but they are showing up a bit more.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Cove 2 this evening ... 30+ ... best vis I've seen in months ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Three tree north.. Insane vis today 40 + feet .. Insane , some one pm me for a scooter dive there
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

The coves today -- absolutely incredible. This is snorkeling weather, guys! We swam out to almost 30 feet of water and could STILL see the bottom.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Cove 2 Sunday May 1st, awesome vis, probably 30+ ft. It cant last, best get out and enjoy it ASAP!
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

3 Tree Sun night May 1, great vis. BIG GPO on eggs, Ratfish, couple of small flounder, bunches of baby crab, and TONS of small needle like fish. And a fireworks show about the time the news broke about Osama.
Tim McClung