viz is still holding!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
dphershman
Aquanaut

viz is still holding!

Post by dphershman »

The fall viz is still holding up... perhaps not quite as nice as last weekend but still close to 30 feet or more. Saturday we did a dive during the morning slack (9:30 AM) at Titlow. (odd that there were no other divers other than the three of us).

We did the usual surface swim out to the pair of pilings south of the dolphins to check out the ledges for wolf eels and ottos. We only found one large octo this time around. Where have all the Wolf eels gone that used to hang out here? There were quite a few Nanaimo Nudibranchs Acanthodois nanaimoensis hanging out here though, along with the usual Frosted Nudibranchs.

Heading north from the ledges we went to the Titlow pilings, the remains of an old ferry dock. Viz was awesome, allowing for some cool wide angle views all the way to the surface.

Although its not very easy to roll over onto your back with all the heavy gear, its worth the effort as the view from the bottom to the surface with every underwater life-zone visible at the same time was inspirational!

Dan Hershman :smt024
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Re: viz is still holding!

Post by Jan K »

WOW the wide angle shots are great, Not many times we get the whole picture as the other end of pilings usually disappear in murkyness ..
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Wow..great Vis. Thanks for sharing!
dphershman
Aquanaut

Post by dphershman »

Thanks! While the viz is decent I intend on using the fisheye lens for as long as I can. Hopefully the monsoons will hold off for a few more weeks at least!
Dan Hershman :smt024