Day Island Still Rules

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Diver_C
Amphibian

Day Island Still Rules

Post by Diver_C »

RSDancey and I had a great 53 minute dive on The Wall this morning. Perfect drift dive both there, north-south on the wall, and on the return. Still lots of Wolf Eels hanging out greeting divers. Think I recognized some from Tuesday's dive. Octos still not around. Only four total divers on The Wall today, although, we did not see the other two during the dive. I love that place. Tuesday's pics up on Flickr. Will have today's up Sunday.

Ooop, gotta get to St. Paddy's Day lunch. Have a great weekend everybody!

Rich
RSdancey
Avid Diver

Re: Day Island Still Rules

Post by RSdancey »

Diver_C wrote:Still lots of Wolf Eels hanging out greeting divers.
This is >the site< for Wolfies, in my opinion. I've seen more here than in any other site I've dived in the PNW. Today's cluster were just north of the entry area, in 50fsw (4), and 2 in 66fsw directly off the entry area.

Ryan
H20doctor

Post by H20doctor »

is day island a boat dive..? or a shore dive....
TCarter
Avid Diver

Post by TCarter »

H20doctor wrote:is day island a boat dive..? or a shore dive....
Yes. The charters run boat trips to it, and it's also divable from shore. The issues with shore diving are:

1. Current. Dives must be timed to catch the slack.
2. Neighbors. The entry is in the midst of a small residential area, so it's imperative to maintain the best possible relationship with the locals.

Just for the record, I agree with DiverC - this site rules.

T.