Redondo 4/19 Dive Recap

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Redondo 4/19 Dive Recap

Post by Scubie Doo »

Met up with Mike (MPenders), Benoit, Jeff (Pogiguy5), and Eric (Yelloweye) last night at Redondo. The first dive we headed down the line towards the carousel boat, took a left to the bottle field, and then made our way to the boat ramp. Lots of really cool critters poking around. When we got to 15 feet the viz went to crap, it was about 2-4 feet. Somehow I bumped into and I mean bumped into the largest PSL I have ever come across. I took five or six shot, but there was so much crap in the water I could barely see. I somehow pulled off a shot. Keep in mind I had my +5 macro lens on and did not crop the attached shots of the PSLs. You can see how large that PSL was.

On the second dive I used Penders 72 tank, because I could not get to the shop to get my LP95 filled. I knew it would be a short dive. Jeff was kind enough to buddy up with me. We headed to the pipe and then down the line to the VW. We somehow managed a 44 minute dive with max depth of 52 feet on the 72. I even came up with 500 PSI :-). Anyway, the dive was a slow methodical critter dive and boy did we find some cool things. We saw about 5-6 stubby squid, 3 octos, and two of the smallest PSLs I have ever seen. Jeff found the larger of the two and then I found to tiny one. Again, these were pulled right off the camera without being cropped, because I wanted to show the size. The tiny one didn't even have spines yet. But if you look close you can seen the two little antenna. Even with horrible viz, and a lame move by me (diving with a 72) we pulled off a couple incredible dives. Redondo = :luv:
Attachments
Extra Large PSL
Extra Large PSL
Toddler PSL
Toddler PSL
New born PSL :-)
New born PSL :-)
Tiny baby sea cucumber.
Tiny baby sea cucumber.
Cool Anemone - I have never seen one with these white spots.
Cool Anemone - I have never seen one with these white spots.
Nudibranch at the Large Pipe
Nudibranch at the Large Pipe
Octo with its Tentacles over a Crab
Octo with its Tentacles over a Crab
Octo in Hiding
Octo in Hiding
Stubby Squid - Showing Off
Stubby Squid - Showing Off
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo 4/19 Dive Recap

Post by YellowEye »

Great pictures and great finds Jesse!

Thanks for the great dive guys!
DSC_4838.jpg
DSC_4830.jpg
DSC_4803.jpg
DSC_4848.jpg
DSC_4773.jpg
DSC_4676.jpg
DSC_4860.jpg
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Fantastic pix!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Redondo 4/19 Dive Recap

Post by Scubie Doo »

Thanks Zen Diver!

Eric, looks like you got that camera figured out. You were right, lots of stubbies! I like the shot with the tentacles in focus and the body put of focus, cool stuff. And great diving with you again!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Is that a plainfin Midshipman swimming? What a great photo capture!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi! Glad you like the photos.
Yes, it is a plainfin midshipman! I love those guys!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Redondo 4/19 Dive Recap

Post by Scubie Doo »

Good eye LCF. That is an awesome shot. Getting that in flight, way cool.